Spirit SACD's coming from Audio Fidelity, SH Mastered?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Electric, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Wouldn't also mind a Time Circle comp SACD.

Galley likes this.
  2. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Great mastering on the 1st 2 albums. Thanks Steve.

art, George P and GregM like this.
  3. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I'm listening to the first album and just WOW. Steve really outdid himself here, and it's the perfect material for him to shine. I love those vibes cutting through the grittier guitar sound that's overdriven with loads of distortion. The mallets just pop on those keys. Great presence. An instant favorite SACD. I can't wait to hear 12 dreams and Clear.

4. Can't wait to play these two.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Bull Moose informed me that Clear has been delayed until October 6th.

6. Evan

Evan Senior Member

Audio Fidelity's webpage lists the mastering credit for "Clear" as "by Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio". Will he be doing "12 Dreams" also?

Preston likes this.
  7. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

I will have to check, but I think KG also did the recent Sundazed vinyl reissue of 12 Dreams ... which sounds excellent, BTW (especially the second batch pressed at QRP). One of my favorite albums of all time! I think I have five or six copies in various formats (vinyl, CD).

8. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Is the 4th album expected soon thereafter or is there no release date yet?

9. Myke

That's a @Steve Hoffman question.

10. George P

George P Notable Member

Who mastered the second one?

11. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Im really enjoying these. All I had before these were repressed lps. Pretty good sounding but nothing like these. Such an unique group. No other band quite like Spirit.

12. d.s.l.

d.s.l. Forum Resident ^O;O^

Mastered by Steve Hoffman and Stephen Marsh

George P likes this.
  13. George P

George P Notable Member

Thanks, I wonder why it is already in short supply on amazon.

14. Myke

15. George P

George P Notable Member

16. Myke

I got mine, and suggest others get theirs. As far as worrying why, I really don't care as there are far more important things for me to worry about, like family in Texas, and my son who drove there, with supplies to help.

art, Steel Horse and noname74 like this.
  17. Myke

There's nothing wrong with it George, it's still a new release at Audio Fidelity. A classic like this sells, esp. with those flippers who see a future opportunity.

18. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, the flippers are plentiful these days. I have made a special effort these days to buy stuff while it is still in print so I can avoid paying over (or way over) list price.

I was actually in a good record store for my birthday over the weekend. They had Sprit's first album on AF, but not the second one. I figured if I liked the first one enough, I would consider getting one or more of the rest. I am listening to it now (for the first time) and I like it, I'm just not sure how much.

I completely missed out on the DCCs when they came out, as I only began collecting CDs about ten years ago. So I paid good money for each and every one that I have (and I have most of them.) Always better to buy stuff while it is still in print (and preferably, on sale/discount.)

And last, but certainly not least, I sincerely hope your family is safe and OK, Mike.

Myke likes this.
  19. Myke

Well, he lost all internet connection, right after posting through Facebook he had arrived in Rockport. Left me a voicemail so I'd know.
    He jumped in, and helped others during our city's flood, in 2017. I couldn't be more proud.
    Thanks.

Personal opinion, you can't go wrong with Spirit's first 4 albums. Having Steve do them, is a dream for us old fans that go back to 1968.

20. George P

George P Notable Member

:wave:

I don't even go back to 1968. :laugh:

Thanks, there music seems like the kind of thing that might take a few spins for it to click. I had read that they were the American Traffic (one of my favorites), so my ears really perked up.

21. Myke

22. Sergeant Pepper

Sergeant Pepper Forum Resident

Any news on a possible forthcoming SACD release of "12 Dreams of..." This is the music I love for decades...

23. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage Thread Starter

Clear seems to have a release date now of Dec. 1 at Elusive Disc and October 6 at ImportCD.

24. Myke

Since Audio Fidelity themselves don't have anything but " Coming Soon," I'm guessing another delay is in the cards.

25. Rats. I was in the spirit for that this week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.