DCC Archive Stan Ricker returns back to Mofi

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Unknown, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy New Member

Touché

2. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Oh man, I'm just shaking my head at the thought that vinyl will die off in value because it will be replaced by a hard drive. Yes, for most music listeners in the future that is true. Just as for most the beatles cd's are good enough. But to those who know, those with EARS, we KNOW the cd's SUCK in comparison to the vinyl. AND WHO DO YOU THINK WILL REMASTER THE BEATLES FOR YOUR F##KING HARD DRIVE??? MORE THAN LIKELY, PETER MEW. SO---to those who care to listen and compare, the vinyl will still be better (and worth more) down the road BECAUSE it will be the ONLY place to hear the songs the way they were intended to be heard. I have yet to hear a cd equal what Steve or Stan Ricker could do with their vinyl remasters. And, of course, the original pressings as well. But beware the mastering engineer who wants to "improve" the sound for your hard drive in 30 years. OHhhhhhhhh, we must get rid of that hisssssss. Lets no noise the **** out of it!

My hats off to mofi, DCC and other audiophile labels over the years that tried to do their best to give you the master tape.

3. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

Sorry, I reread my post and I hope I didn't come off with a condescending attitude--I didn't mean it that way.

I collect stuff too. Talk about sillyness but I'm into antique tools (at least 90 years old) that I can actually use on-the -job.

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

No offense taken!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.