Star Trek Continues (the series)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JRM, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royce

Royce Senior Member

A couple of things I wanted to mention.
    The ships counselor's name is Elise McKenna. That was the name of Jane Seymour's character in "Somewhere In Time" (spelled Elise McKennah) I wonder if that's just coincidence?

It was a fun blast from the past seeing Lou Ferrigno as the "green" slave master in "Lolani"

2. Uther

Uther Forum Resident

An obvious homage, in my opinion. It took me out of the show a little, being so familiar with the character from SiT.

3. JRM

JRM Forum Resident Thread Starter

Busy at work prepping for Episode 4...

[​IMG]

4. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I just watched this for the first time. I think it's great. Now if only we could get "Seaquest Continues."

5. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Why would they need Kickstarter funding to produce more episodes of these?

6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Because Paramount isn't paying them and they can't sell them otherwise they'd be facing intellectual property infringement charges.

7. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  8. DreadPikathulhu

It's an interesting arrangement. A whole industry has sprung up around the two web series, producing perfect costumes and props, while Paramount benefits from the publicity and the franchise being kept alive. It makes you wonder what other cancelled shows could be resurrected the same way.

9. DreadPikathulhu

Or "Firefly Continues"

pscreed, bferr1, johnsiddique and 2 others like this.
  10. peteham

peteham Senior Member

I've been a Trek fan since about '76. I think all things considering, these guys do a fantastic job.

JRM likes this.
  11. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Yeah, this is very cool.

JRM likes this.
  12. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Michele Spreht, the actress who plays Dr. McKenna, reminds me of Wendi Mclendon-Covey.

13. JRM

14. JRM

Nice shot from the upcoming Episode 4...

[​IMG]

15. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

For a show done on very little money, they do a good job. Hell, I've seen legitimate cable TV shows with real budgets that were worse.

God, that was an awful show. I know some of the people who worked on it over at The Post Group, and they said it was chaotic and a nightmare due to budget and schedule problems. Quite a few episodes went way over budget, and many heads rolled. Just a lame, stupid show -- though Roy Scheider is great in anything.

16. jtiner

jtiner Forum Resident

I think it's a fantastic effort by both Phase II and Continues; however, I find the production and stories from Continues more enjoyable and their productions seem the most faithful to TOS without going overboard. I really liked the way Continues recreated the last few minutes of the TOS episode Mirror, Mirror as the opening of their episode.... I always wondered about the other Kirk reappearing on his ship at the same time "our" Kirk made it back.
    Regarding resurrecting more old series, the Phase II head was working on a Wild Wild West series but I haven't seen any news on that in some time.

17. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

Not sure if everyone knows, but one neat factor in "ST Continues" is that Doug Drexler...who worked on "ST Voyager" & "ST Enterprise" and was instrumental in designing the NX-01...built the U.S.S. Enterprise CGI model used in "ST Continues", and has handled some of their other FX work as well.

In fact, his Enterprise CGI model was one of only a few evaluated for the new SFX scenes incorporated into "TOS Remastered" a few years back.

Mark

18. JRM

Great news!

"While we were shooting episode IV a few weeks ago, we were also shooting episode V! That's right, another episode will follow soon after the release of episode IV. And the news many of you have been waiting for is here... episode V will be the first episode off the ship!"

[​IMG]

Jerry Horne likes this.
  19. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I Did not know about this until this thread came up. the one playing Kirk is the most impressive. I think Paramount should give them some money along with some script writers and a couple of directors and do a limited run series maybe 10 episodes and if they sell on dvd then make more !

JRM likes this.
  20. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Cool! Is it going to be off the ship outdoors, or off the ship in a studio with papier-mâché rocks and orange skies? :D

jtiner likes this.
  21. JRM

Hopefully the latter!

22. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

They seem to be going off the Season 3 style, so it'll probably be outside.
    ...another Kirk amnesia episode?

23. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Should be a Netflix series.

24. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'd love to see a premium cable (or streaming) company take on a true science fiction series. It doesn't have to be Trek (though that would be awesome), but any science fiction. There are countless great scifi books and book series out there that could be adapted, and with the same attention to detail and story telling as was brought to say Game Of Thrones or Outlander, it could become the next reference point for serious scifi.

25. DreadPikathulhu

I believe its shot in Georgia, so no chance of filming at Vasquez Rocks

Mark Wilson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.