Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Classicolin, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I heard a rumor that it might be a good movie. I don't believe a word of it.

2. DLeet

DLeet Forum Resident

All I want from episode IX is a proper light saber duel that would rival Obi-Wan's duel with Anakin in episode III.

Propinquity, razerx and ianuaditis like this.
  3. There are whispers they may re-cast Leia. Also, a casting call has gone out for a 4-year-old "white baby" in some role. I will leave it to you to figure who the baby character is supposed to be.

4. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Why not just have her daughter play the role of Leia and then they can do their magic digital manipulation to make it look something like Carrie Fisher? They might get less grief by using Billie Lord than if they use a completely unrelated individual.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, Disney and Lucasfilm has said repeatedly they will not replace Carrie Fisher and the character will not be in Episode IX.

Screen Rant: Nobody Is Replacing Carrie Fisher As Princess Leia In Star Wars 9

6. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

Robot Chicken already beat you to it! :)

BeatlesObsessive likes this.
  7. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  8. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I haven't heard any rumors yet........I guess we can start some.

9. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

[​IMG]

OH NO YOU DIDNT

10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

daca and Solitaire1 like this.
  11. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Hollywood casting criteria: Four year old white baby with English accent - Villian; four year old white baby with Scottish accent - Hero.

ianuaditis likes this.
  12. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  13. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Well, there was that scene where Luke was admiring the way Rey handled his saber... :D

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  14. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

You beat me to it. I'd like to see a recast Luke wake up at the beginning of Episode IX and we discover that everything that occurred after Episode VI was a bad dream...one Luke is determined will not become true.

Rhett likes this.
  15. Isolar801

Isolar801 Forum Resident

Lets face it....Star Wars is a cash cow. After the absolute disaster of The Last Jedi where the entire film was wrong from the start ( bombing a Star Destroyer ? calling back Tie Fighters right after they tore the **** out of the Rebel Fleet and then taking leisurely potshots at them ? ) Its obvious that Disney just ok's anything that might look good on screen...the hell with drama. my wish is that they would turn it over to a whole new team....even Lucas had the sense not to try to duplicate the first film himself...

enro99, mpayan and seed_drill like this.
  16. Fregly

Fregly Well-Known Member

They should gather scriptwriters a director and a general creative team that actually cares about the Star Wars universe. Start fresh, in other words.

Motorcity supernaut and TheVU like this.
  17. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Careful you guys or youll be called crazy fanboys that are never satisfied.

18. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

That’s exactly what he did with The Phantom Menace.

19. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I hope you're not missing Lucas now. The prequels were horrible (for me). The Phantom Menace was a bore. All my friends thought so. I was just happy that a new Star Wars movie was released but in a way I felt bad that a new Star Wars movie was released because it was terrible. Then I learned about the process of how The Phantom Menace was made and Lucas set himself up without anyone challenging his ideas. What a mistake that was. But that was Lucas' decision and his right to run things how he wants to.
    So - I don't miss Lucas one bit and Rian Johnson - please. Rian and Kathleen need to stay away from Star Wars. I want Star Wars to be good again.

enro99 likes this.
  20. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Except the writing and acting stunk up the galaxy hotter than a Bantha fart.

Lownote30 likes this.
  21. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Great idea! You should write that down and send it to the Lucasfilm Story Group.

22. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Good news! The project is underway!

Remake The Last Jedi on Twitter

Seth Rogen and Michael Ian Black have even taken notice; Michael offered to match the first $50M himself!

*cough**hack**wheeze*

'scuse me. choked on some sarcasm there.

23. I think it would be fantastic if they confounded all expectations, had a barnburner of a final movie with all signs pointing toward an ultimate and final rebel victory, and then . . . have the tables completely turn and the Empire wins. Imagine the pathos . . .

Encuentro likes this.
  24. Isolar801

Isolar801 Forum Resident

Sorry...I was referring to what Lucas did with the original trilogy.....lets not even acknowledge the prequels !!

Encuentro likes this.
  25. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Plan9, David Campbell and BeatleJWOL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.