Star Wars: Rogue One [Now with GIANT SPOILERS, so beware!]

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

First trailer out tomorrow

2. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

3. Wild Frank

Wild Frank Forum Resident

That looks pretty great to be fair.

4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Wow, that actually looks pretty freakin' awesome! :righton:

5. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

Yeah, I'm in! This is the post-George Lucas Star Wars I've been waiting for.

6. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

It didn't do anything for me. I'm fine with low expectasions

7. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Thrt really really do need to have Darth Vader in this one. Runour is Dartb Vader may even be on the battlefield swinging his sword. Looks nice and gritty

8. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

The audience's appetite for it may well be bottomless, but I still feel like they're at risk of burning out the imagery and tropes of Star Wars doing these in-between movies. This movie has different characters but it's still all the same stuff onscreen -- lasers and Walkers and stormtroopers and Death Star and X-Wings. It feels a little ho-hum with The Force Awakens only a few months old.

Solaris likes this.
  9. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

For the foreseeable future, it's going to be Star Wars and superhero movies dominating cinemas. I said this before The Force Awakens came out, but it bears repeating: expect a stream of action movies with the Star Wars brand and all the appropriate set dressing. That spirit that made Star Wars special may only make an occasional appearance.

Having said that, what's encouraging about this new trailer is that it sets us up to root for a strong heroine, and THAT is what we'll care about in the movie. The outcome of the mission is a given, but the particulars of this character's journey could be compelling.

10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I was unsure of these spin-off films but I must admit this does look pretty cool, though there seems to be an influx of martial arts elements to it. Maybe it turns out The Bothans were a pack of intergalactic ninjas or something. "Big Trouble in Little Torolis".

11. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Another female lead?!! Nerd Rage level = 10!!!!!!!

12. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

That's like complaining that all WWII movies feature the same planes and tanks. It is set in the same universe. How can you not reuse the infrastructure?

13. CoryS

CoryS Forum Resident

I'm encouraged by what I see, and the casting choices.

14. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

So bizarre.

15. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm not saying they shouldn't have used it -- I'm saying it might get boring or lose its potency seeing it onscreen every year.

16. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I dunno, I'm still feeling pretty skeptical. It looks a little too humorless for a Star Wars film, though in fairness this is just a "teaser." Star Wars to me is swashbuckling sci-fi fantasy adventure, not a gritty action film. I'm still on the fence until the final trailer and the reviews.

17. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

If only there was a way to bring back Jar Jar. He would tease and tickle us all!

Drifter likes this.
  18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

False dichotomy. It's not a choice between the cringe-worthy humor of the prequels (Jar Jar and all that) or super serious gritty action movie. The Force Awakens had a pretty perfect mix of humor and seriousness, just like the original trilogy.

19. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

Just saw the trailer, on my cell phone. Is the female lead not Princess Leia? Or is this another character?

20. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

This looks really good to me. And I like that it's not really a sequel or prequel, but a side story. Sort of like a live action Rebels. And it looks like it will be pretty different from Force Awakens. Wonder why they didn't show Darth Vadar at all. He is confirmed to be in it, but I guess not a lot.

21. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

I have not heard a 100% confirmation Vader will be in it,maybe I missed it,I sure hope so tho.Maybe they are waiting for the real trailer to reveal him.

22. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

Not Leia. Her character's name is Jyn Erso.

23. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Looks fantastic. Again, thank you George Lucas for selling Lucasfilm to Disney.

24. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

Ah, I didn't catch that. Thanks!

25. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

It's actually not even stated in the trailer, but fans discovered it in the subtitles for the French(?) version of the trailer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.