Star Wars sequels to be ‘erased’ and made null and void...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dunkrag, Jun 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I hate JarJar enough that I would rather watch Episode 9.

2. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

It would be great if they did - the films were embarrassments.

Purple likes this.
  3. The Hud

Worse than Batman and Robin? The Doom Generation?

4. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Batman & Robin may be a 'bad' movie but it can still be an entertaining watch. It's just so extremely silly,
    I like the movie, campyness and all. It's not meant to be epic, it's just meant to be a dumb movie and in that it succeeds.

bmasters9 likes this.
  5. The Hud

I still remember sitting in the theater and wanting to cut my head off to end the pain.

If I was by myself I would have just left, but I convinced some friends to see it with me. I remember saying "It is a Batman movie, how bad can it be?" Needless to say, I lost some friends that day. Makes a funny story, though. :)

Bluesman Mark likes this.
  6. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I feel like JJ Abrams was on the phone Making deals while directing most of the scenes.
    Yeah, jar jar sucks. He’s the episode 9 of episode 1.

vegafleet, YardByrd, Purple and 5 others like this.
  7. The Hud

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

For the sake of discussion let's say they did "erase" the Sequel Trilogy. This would likely lead to the same situation I am as a DC Comics reader: continual reboots. I've been though six reboots of the DC Universe in the last 35 years (and another one may be coming) and I can't be sure what is in continuity and what is not.

I see the same possibility with Star Wars where, if it can be done once, it can be done again. Every few years they do another continuity revision that retcons what had already existed. With current technology, it is possible where we will have revised versions of the earlier movies (Han didn't shoot first?) so that you end up having to re-buy the same movie to get what is the current version. So we end up with this situation:
    1. Han shot first and kills Greedo.
    2. Greedo shoots at Han and misses. Then Han shoots Greedo.
    3. Greedo tries to shoot Han and his gun explodes and he runs out of the bar. Han doesn't shoot at all.
    4. Greedo sits down, sees Han, and says "Sorry, I thought you were someone else." He gets up and walks away.
    5. The whole scene is deleted.:eek:

9. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

Have the biggest crybabies on the internet been chucking their mint-in-box toys out the pram again?

10. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

A more interesting option would be to animate the Colin Tremorrow script.
    Heck, just make an alternate animated continuity.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  11. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I hope this isn't true. No one is ever going to make these rabid Star Wars fans happy and it's sad that the majority of them are adults. I grew up with the Star Wars saga and it pretty much went off the rails and stayed there way back with the third movie. Everything since then has been a mixed bag and has been met with derision and controversy, but there are still generations of kids who grew up with the Phantom Menace trilogy or especially the Force Awakens trilogy, where a whole army of little girls got their own hero to root for in Rey. It would be a shame to take all of that away from these kids just to please a bunch of fickle adults who frankly need to get a life. I am as much of a geek as anybody but I do try to keep these things in perspective.

12. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

Let it die already........

new characters in a new setting somewhere, they’ve just flogged poor Lucas’ vision to death, this last one was just soooooooooo bad and such a mess.

More stuff a la Mandolorian

13. Bluesman Mark

Bluesman Mark I'm supposed to put something witty here....

Though I care nothing about any of these films, you're 100% correct. Physical media still rocks!

14. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I enjoyed Rise of Skywalker and I would still watch the hell out of that.

It's equally bonkers in different ways.

David Campbell, SJP and Oatsdad like this.
  15. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

You've heard of "The Last Jedi".......
    Congratulations, those three words just gave me a 'pitch idea'!:yikes:

16. wondergrape

wondergrape Forum Resident

This. They are just movies, and with the exception of one or two, not very good ones.

You're being hoodwinked, people.

audiomixer likes this.
  17. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Exactly! Drink the Kool-Aid!

18. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Welcome to 2020.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  19. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I don't care one way or the other. The OT are movies that defined my early childhood. They're part of me. They may not be great movies outside of that context. I don't know as I can't view them outside of that context. I was excited to see the OT in theaters again in '97 but that started my disenchantment with SW that would roll further downhill when I went to see the prequels. I went to see the latest trilogy as a goodbye to those original characters. I doubt I ever watch those movies again on purpose. I have no more interest in Star Wars as it spins into chaotic Marvel-like territory.

Purple, Edmoney, brew ziggins and 2 others like this.
  20. Frittenköter

Frittenköter Forum Resident

Honestly, the sequel trilogy was entertaining but flawed PRODUCT. It doesn't really impact my enjoyment of stuff like Knights Of The Old Republic 1-2 (with a better story than any of the films) or the Jedi Knight series. They're just works of fiction and people take it all way too seriously (and this is coming from a real fan). If it's a good addition, then fine, otherwise it's not the end of the world.

Chip Z, Bluesman Mark and BeatleJWOL like this.
  21. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

All the reason to take YouTube clickbaiters a huge grain of salt. No wonder YouTube is full of grifters, con-artists and liars who use clickbait and ragebait to rile up people. Unfortunately, quite a few people are being played like a damn fiddle.

Even if the said Star Wars sequels were to be erased, this will create another huge pile of mess in the Star Wars franchise. I've seen all of the Star Wars movies on theatre, sans Episode 4 and 6, and barring Rogue One and the some of Episode 3, I've largely written off the entire series.

22. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

The notion Disney would say to fans "hey, you know those 3 movies that you saw and we sold as the final chapters of the 'Skywalker Saga'? JUST KIDDING!" is insane on the surface.

Whatever dissatisfaction exists with the ST pales compared to the outrage that would occur if Disney did that!

Grand_Ennui, forthlin and BeatleJWOL like this.
  23. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Baby Yoda’s got a gun! RUN!!!!

24. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Disney controls Star Wars so they can pretty much do whatever they choose. They've already declared that the Extended Universe is no longer canon (I haven't read any of it but my understanding is that it was a MASSIVE part of the Star Wars continuity). Thus, they just deleted a part of Star Wars via an edict regardless of what the fans think. That's one of the reasons that I'm basically done with Star Wars (and also why I'm just about done with DC Comics...they've actually done several times what is being proposed with Star Wars).

The reverse of that situation is the series Babylon 5, where anything published with the official Babylon 5 logo is part of the continuity regardless of the form, be it TV series, movies, books, comic books (as an example, to find out how Sheridan and Garibaldi met you have to read the comic book). Although I'm sure it makes it more difficult to write stories since you have to make sure that nothing contradicts what was previous published, to me it makes it worth it to invest yourself in a series since it can continue long after the original TV series ends.

25. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

If it's on the Internet, it must be true....

powerq and nosliw like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.