Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by omikron, Dec 23, 2021.

1. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account Thread Starter

No but the Empire was recently scouring the planet for the droids in Star Wars so conceivably one wandered in. Sounds like a bit of deus ex machina. Or Jabba captured one somewhere and tossed him in maybe.

Thinking a bit about this first episode and I wonder if this is going to end up being more like The Godfather and less like a Mando spaghetti western.

BeatleJWOL and MrJerry1876 like this.
  2. Man Disneyis mining the heck of Lucas’ universe even the most minor characters will probably get a series at some point. What’s next? Jar Jar?

3. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

[​IMG]

TheVU, enro99, superstar19 and 12 others like this.
  4. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

The documentary on D+ actually calls this out; less than 10 minutes and only 4 lines across the entire two films of the original trilogy that the character is in. And yet Boba Fett is a legendary fan favorite.

5. Oh I know I watched the doc. One of the reasons why Lucas included more of him in the prequels.

6. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Forum Resident

What can I do for you?

7. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

[​IMG] My all time favorite Star Wars alien. It's amazing how every character, whether it's a human, alien or droid, if they had even a microsecond of screen time, has been given a name and a huge backstory by some fan online, including the Hammerhead!

DeeThomaz, Hammerhead and fishcane like this.
  8. omikron

Hey, they can do it all day as far as I'm concerned as long as good as the Mandalorian and Boba Fett shows.

9. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

When I was a kid, me and my friends would joke that Kenner just made up names for some of the action figures. Names like Walrus Man, Hammer Head, Snaggle Tooth, Power Droid. They all sounded really basic, but good enough for toys.

10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

IG-88 had no lines at all and he's always been #1 with me. At least with Mando he finally got his due, albeit in the form of IG-11. I hope there are more IG droids out there waiting to make a splash in one of these shows.

11. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I really enjoyed it .. the critics are wrong imo :)

Shawn and omikron like this.
  12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I watched the show and thought it was slow. I was surprised by that, because normally director Robert Rodriguez is a really visually-intense director who knows how to keep the camera moving and the story moving right along with it. It was a bit of a snooze-fest to me. But I'm still watching it.

BrettyD, Mad Dog, Purple Jim and 4 others like this.
  13. BeatleJWOL

All voiced by Taika Waititi, please.

14. Speedmaster

Speedmaster We’re all walking through this darkness on our own

I’m not into Star Wars at all, but I understand the strategy behind the $4 billion investment. You don’t have to have a Phd to know they are going to milk it anyway they can. For as long as enough people buy a cinema ticket or subscribe to Disney+ that is.

I’m curious if the next generations pick up the Star Wars bug like their parents and if Disney actively seeks them out in their campagnes.

longdist01 likes this.
  15. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I was a huge Star Wars fan as a child. And when I heard that Disney bought the property away from George Lucas I knew exactly what to expect... Kentucky Fried Star Wars.

And that is exactly what we got.

Nothing that is described as a "franchise" is safe.

16. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

I think my favorite part was the ninjas roof jump-chase. The sand kraken was cool too. Looking forward to seeing where the plot goes and how it ties in with Mando and the rest of what’s going on in the galaxy, the outside characters, etc. Jennifer Beals as a twi’lek was a really cool bonus.

BeatleJWOL and MikeInFla like this.
  17. omikron

The reprogrammed droid in Rogue One was also an enjoyable character. Not quite an assassin droid though.

18. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Meh. We'll see if it gets better.

JohnK

Nightfly68 likes this.
  19. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

I expected a bit more from an opening episode but I'm sure it will get better.

20. BeatleJWOL

It was a slow burn, but in the way that the lore dump at the beginning of a D&D campaign is a slow burn.

Answered a question that fans have had for almost four decades.

21. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Yes! Boba says he wants to be respected and not rule with fear, but I think he'll come to find that the old world has passed him by in that short time he was in the Sarlacc. I suspect the series will explore that tension in interesting ways as he tries to hold on to power without employing the ruthlessness that we as fans always thought he was all about.

22. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Decent enough start. Seemed to short but has promise.

googlymoogly and ex_mixer like this.
  23. Smokin Chains

Smokin Chains Forum Resident

It was ok I guess, if you like to watch old guys roll around in the dirt.

omikron and thegage like this.
  24. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

im game for the next eps. cant stop thinking about this tho lol

25. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Very slow start.

I'll give it a chance.

polchik likes this.