Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett on Disney+

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by omikron, Dec 23, 2021.

1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i highly doubt that given the mandalorian music playing at the end of this week's episode.

SJP and omikron like this.
  2. I'd be good with that (and I like Questlove).

BobbyG and omikron like this.
  3. DonNylon

DonNylon Forum Resident

OOOOOOOh Disney's geting mighty jiggy with the musician inclusion hahaha.

omikron likes this.
  4. ZoSoUK

ZoSoUK Forum Resident

well i am a HUGE fan of " MANDO " - watching the first few episodes of that for the first time really blew me away, and i have watched every episode 4-5 times since, it doesnt get old ! I love (ed) the whole 'clint eastwood cowboy gunslinger' vibe it has and the story (generally) kept moving on & throwing new things our way, the final episode with lukes cgi cameo whilst predictable was a cool touch !

so, all this said SO FAR, Boba isnt grabbing me - i like small moments but i dont think its a patch on mando, the story is lacking - its quite boring and i dont feel anything for not only Fett but ALL of the characters , im going to stick with it because it may get better and it IS new star wars

but i dont think i shall revisit it like i have done with mando, id have much rather had Season 3 of mando!

maybe Jon Favreau has stretched himself too thin or maybe hes not as invested ??

Very much looking forward to the OB1 show though, i rate ewan a lot, hes a decent actor and i think he'll do it justice - not to mention Vader !!

420JJJazz666 and omikron like this.
  5. ZoSoUK

ZoSoUK Forum Resident

Yeah i agree, no offence @SRV but writing a dissertation on a disney show is probably going overboard , youre prerogative of course but analysing it to that degree is probably not healthy and certainly isnt the way to enjoy some light entertainment !
    i was probably like that back in the 90s, especially when the prequels were released
    but its just a show , its a bit of entertainment for a few minutes !!

anyway, enjoy & best wishes

MikeJedi and cliff_forster like this.
  6. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Thanks for life tips, guys

I think as a result of this wisdom, I'm just going to quickly start saying, yeah, maybe the Boba Fett show is just terrible. I guess that saves time. Thanks again.

Anthrax and cliff_forster like this.
  7. cliff_forster

cliff_forster Crabby Dad Tech

Don't get me wrong. Here is what I discover in our kind of nerdy guy circles. The smarter a guy is, the more he has trouble accepting reasonably mindless distractions. You have to be a little bit of a knucklehead like me to not think about it so much. I remember a water cooler conversation with a bunch of software and process engineers about Marvel's Endgame.... OMG, a bunch of guys who had every plot hole figured out and it bothered them, they just felt like the storytelling was lazy. But that's what genius brains will do to you.

Frozensoda and omikron like this.
  8. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I've enjoyed it so far, and up until now.
    The last episode didn't really 'move' much and the show seems to have hit the wall,
    I hope it starts to pick up some momentum before the series is over...

9. Episode 3 and 4 worked for me. I like the pacing of this show and Mr. Root’s appearance was most welcome.

Shawn and cliff_forster like this.
  10. Frozensoda

Frozensoda Forum Resident

Good thing I’m knucklehead because I love this show.

11. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I'm a big SW fan, joined the fan club in 1978, but the more I see of this show the more laughable it becomes. It really is bad.

In general badly written and badly directed. It's like the last film, in that nothing made sense, it was ludicrous, but they think 'Oh, the fans will lap it up' and the seem to do. Like all normal judgement is put aside.

I don't see the point of wringing every last drop out of the legacy characters that people still seem to like.

I've always felt SW should be about the wider story not just focussed on a few characters. They seem to make the world smaller and smaller when they should be doing the opposite. What next, The Book of Greedo? Come up with something new!

Fett was cool because of the mystique surrounding him. I don't need to know everything about him. Or him making friends with Tusken raiders FFS.

If you are going to take away that mystique by doing a series, even though it's not needed, then at least make a really cool series. Show him in his prime catching bounties around the universe. How cool would that be. Instead they cast a man too old and we get an 'old man Fett' story set in the desert again which is pretty boring (the desert has become the SW equivilant of the Dr Who quarry it seems).

I used to love the PS2 game Jango Fett Bounty Hunter - really cool and fun. Something like that would have been great, the underbelly of the big cities or some strange new world. It had at times an almost horror feel as well, which is something they should explore more, with evil as a tangible established thing.

I think Disney seem to just be creating 'content' to fill up their streaming platform, regardless of quality. Shame.

12. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I will say I think the High Republic stories that they're starting to tell would be a great way to expand the current universe by exploring an entire era we haven't seen anything about; no Skywalkers, no Solos, just Jedi and Sith in their prime.

It worked for the KOTOR games, at least, set even more of a long time ago in the same universe.

You mean the stories between him being a crappy kid on Tatooine that we saw in the prequels and him getting iced in episode IV? Only time will tell :shh:

I would most likely join you in skipping that one, in the same way I'm not terribly interested in the Cassian Andor story that's coming.

omikron likes this.
  13. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account Thread Starter

Curveboy and Frozensoda like this.
  14. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Yeah, I mean, Cassian flipping Andor? WHY FFS? Very strange choice. No-one has any interest in it.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  15. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Sorry...LOADS of interest right here...and everyone I know who is into Star Wars.

SJP, BGLeduc and Shawn like this.
  16. BeatleJWOL

I suppose. But compared to...

Ahsoka?
    Obi-Wan?
    More Mando?

17. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Just A Flea-Bit Peanut Monkey

Another vote for Andor from me.

Curveboy and BGLeduc like this.
  18. omikron

Going on dicey and dangerous rebel missions when the Empire is in full swing could be interesting.

Andor could be interesting if they are as good and gritty as Rogue One.

19. Frozensoda

omikron likes this.
  20. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

I could have done without the bit where Boba Fett goes to Dengar’s wedding, though. (If people think The Book of Boba Fett makes him look wimpy…)

omikron likes this.
  21. Frozensoda

Um, yeah. That and the Boskk story were, ehhhh, no. But the other stories were killer.

omikron likes this.
  22. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Read those books long ago, and rightly or wrongly always thought they were meant a bit tongue-in-cheek; entertaining for what they were.

omikron likes this.
  23. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Since we are getting them all, why choose?

omikron likes this.
  24. BeatleJWOL

Also true.

Curveboy likes this.
  25. omikron

They were just warming you up to the Boba in this show.

:hide: