‘Star Wars VII’ Will Have Major Change to Opening: No Fox Fanfare

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Mine didn't. In fact, the pair of teens glued to their cell phone in front of me jumped in their seats when the theme music came on, totally caught off guard. Then they went back to their glowing device. I had trouble reading the scroll what with the annoying glowing light in my face. Someone else asked them to shut it off before I had to resort to getting involved (which at that point would have been "TURN THAT ****ING THING OFF!").

We had applause at the first appearance of Han, Leia, and Luke respectively. And applause at the end. The distractions were minimal, though I missed a brief part of Rey's "vision" when the emergency door to the theater opened up just beside me (I like the back row). I was ready for a shooter to come running in or something. I guess it was just a member of the staff. It closed again without incident.

Vidiot and trumpet sounds like this.
  2. There was dead silence during the Lucasfilm logo, but some applause broke out for "A long time ago…..". And more during the scroll when the theme kicked in. A few tears were shed as well. By the people around me. Not me of course. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.