Stephen King's Mr Mercedes on the Audience Network

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Madness, Aug 20, 2017.

1. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

How can there be a 3rd season when the guy was killed?

Jimbo62 likes this.
  2. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Season 3 Ep 1 was really good. Based on the second book of the series

Jimbo62 likes this.
  3. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

She shot him in the head. How is there a new season?

4. Chris from Chicago

Based on the second book... that did not feature Brady Hartsfield at all

Borgia likes this.
  5. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I thought that this season 3 debut episode was superb. `Finders Keepers' (imo) is
    the best book in the trilogy. They've changed Stephen King's original storyline a tad
    but not a big deal....and Bruce Dern (!) plays virtually the same character that he
    did in `Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'!

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  6. Chris from Chicago

Agreed. The changes are not relevant to the story being told.

I pictured the kid that finds the money a bit younger in my head.

And they are wisely connecting this season to the other two with the trial. I think that's smart for the sake of consistency

7. Chris from Chicago

Somewhat enjoying this season. It is really quite violent.

The opening credits though... briefly shows what's left of a massacre at a diner. With a bloodied Stephen King himself sporting a knife in his neck. What is this? A yet to happen event? What does this have to do with the stories already told or the one they're telling now?

8. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

I was surprised to find this had a 3rd season, as I was content with the end of Season 2, but Season 3 is probably better paced and slightly more gripping than the other two, so far. Acting as good, if not better than before.

9. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I have not watched the most recent episode, but this season has gone off the rails a bit
    in my opinion. The King book dealt mainly with the cat-and-mouse game between the
    kid and the killer and it was fabulous. But the tv version has added this whole Lou trial
    stuff and it is just not that interesting.

10. Chris from Chicago

Pretty much agree with this. However, if I remember correctly, Bill Hodges didn't really make an appearance in the book until about half way through it. I'm guessing the Lou trial is a device intended to keep Bill relevant the first half of this season

11. hyntsonsvmse

hyntsonsvmse Nick Beal

I have just started watching this. Its Really good. I didn't realise its the guy from Paddington 2(awesome) as the main chap in this
    It's an usual series (Stephen King what else) but its very watchable
    I like it so far. Only on ep 5 s1

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I thought the changes to the original novels were awful. The original Finders Keeper novel (#2) had the kid finding the money when he was about 13, then doling it out over a period of several years until the time he was 16 or 17, and that's when the bad guy got out of prison. The bad guy had actually stashed the money in kind of a cave by the river after he killed the famous author and took the money and manuscripts. All of this was compressed in the show to about 2 months, and they made the kid already about 17 or 18, which I think radically changed a lot of the story. It was terrible to me, plus the novel was totally about the kid & family and only peripherally about the detective, which was a huge alteration.

13. hyntsonsvmse

hyntsonsvmse Nick Beal

I am halfway through season and ive just realised that its Captain janeway(kate whatever) in the series. Oh boy, age hasn't been kind to her.
    I am really enjoying the series. Of course the court proceedings are complete drivel but that just adds to the absurdity of the series
    Finally, MR Paddington(i cant remember his name) has shown some emotion. he is excellent in this(and Paddington)

14. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

FYI, if you’re a streaming viewer, you can get 4 months of Peacock Premium for $10. That’s plenty of time to enjoy season 3 of Mr. Mercedes.

15. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Just started this on CTV Throwback. The scene with the ball hockey kids and the goalie joke was pretty funny.

16. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

I just started watching this on Amazon Prime.
    It is awesome.
    I am four episodes in.
    Love the lead actor.