Stereolab - 2019 Reissue Campaign and a live return

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kevimetal, Dec 4, 2018.

1. rancher

rancher Unmade Bed

Not a surprise, not really sure when we are going to get back to concerts and festivals that resemble anything like what we used to enjoy

2. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Any word on the forthcoming Switched On Vols. 4-5? I was hoping that news and a track listing would come out soon to soothe the disappointed ticket holders.

Rob Hughes, team2 and Jarra Lad like this.
  3. hamicle

hamicle Forum Resident

New Cavern of Anti-Matter soundtrack triple LP was announced today

Jarra Lad, team2 and GordonM like this.
  4. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Oops!

5. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Fantastic. I was hoping that CoA-M wouldn't be forgotten during this recent 'Lab return.

6. team2

team2 Forum Resident

I was wondering that too. Hope we get some info soon...

7. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

I'm guessing the CoAM album has come first because there weren't going to be any live dates to coincide, unlike the Switched-On volumes which would have been released around live dates that aren't happening any more.

I still think we'll see Switched-On 4 and 5 this year, for some reason. Probably. August-ish. That's a guess. But one I *feel* somehow.

8. svet_so

svet_so Well-Known Member

I feel so lucky to have seen them play in Sydney. It was one of the last shows I was able to catch before this whole thing came down.

Was ambling about by the side of the stage trying to find the restroom and bumped into Tim, managed to blurt out a few words to say I’d bought the reissues and loved them. Last year was an education for me as a younger person, having missed The Groop the first time around.

It was a sold out gig and they put on a brilliant show...

9. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

So sad to not get to see them, looks like it is cancelled and not just postponed too. It's very understandable. On the bright side Martin took the time out of his day to respond to my comment on facebook (just said "hope there is one for me!") in regards to the free 7" for scratch card winners. It has been posted! So much love and dedication for their fans, can't think of another band sending out free records internationally!

realkilroy likes this.
  10. erowid

erowid Die unerträgliche Leichtigkeit des Seins

Any news about new releases? I’m still a bit down for never winning a scratch card despite buying every reissue on clear vinyl, but that’s life. What songs are on that 7” for winners by the way?

11. aerostace

aerostace Under the stairs, beneath the stars

Tracklist
    A1 Fluorescences [Demo]
    A2 Wow and Flutter [Demo]
    A3 Parsec [Demo]
    B1 Pinball [Demo]
    B2 Long Life Love [Demo]
    B3 Farfisa Bravo Drone [Demo]

Full release details here >> Stereolab - Fluorescences (Demo)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    jupiter8, erowid and GordonM like this.
  12. Snoddywilko

Snoddywilko Forum Resident

An email was sent out recently saying that news of new releases would be coming soon. I’m expecting it to be about Switched On Vol 4.

Jarra Lad and erowid like this.
  13. octophone

octophone immaterial girl

Same here but that's lotteries for you, I guess. Was anyone else sad enough to put their losing Cliffcards back in the LP sleeves or was that just me? :laugh:

Martin recently said there will be non-Lab releases on Duophonic Super 45s and posted a photo of a 7" single in a plain white cover that had been stamped with the Cliff logo and a (French?) name I didn't recognise.

erowid likes this.
  14. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

A Switched On Vol. 4 would suit me perfectly. :)

15. khronikos

khronikos Forum Resident

Saw these guys in MN before the pandemic. It was fantastic. What do people think of the remastered versions compared to the originals? I haven't had much time to compare honestly. These are fairly nice editions, and definitive for the art and production there. I know the tapes were baked, but they said no major issues. I wonder where Peng! is? Different label I guess? It's a lot of material to sift through that is for sure. Will be doing a small comparison with Sound-Dust the newest one I got.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2023
    Echoes Myron and bloodlemons like this.
  16. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

The omly OG I really had to compare was Dots and Loops (my personal fave). The reissue is noticeably more bass heavy (which is not nec. bad, but the OG Duophonic stampers had a little more magic in terms of timbre). The reissue is still essential.

Overall the reissue series gets a very solid five stars from me. All the remasters are dynamic, detailed, and balanced, well pressed with great packaging and cool extra tracks.

3Dman, octophone, zerbrechen and 2 others like this.
  17. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Peng and SOv1 are available from TooPure.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2023
  18. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

I have a question that's a slight tangent, but still relating to these vinyl reissues.

I have several reissues where a poster was included - they're 24x24, I think, a hard size to find in poster frames....wondering if anyone framed those posters and what you did/what you used.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  19. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Apart from the fact that the liner notes are on the back these are perfect for framing. Probably have to use custom built frames but I guess these are not cheap....

20. Fortysomething

Fortysomething Forum Resident

That's kinda what I thought. Or I can get 24x30 and have gaps at top and bottom. Just wondered if anyone had a clever solution. Thanks!

21. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Which one do you have in mind? If I had to choose one.... ooooh..... "Transient Random Noise"? Truth is, they are all looking great. Well... I maybe wouldn't chose "Cobra". :evil:

22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I really hate to give Amazon a plug, but in the past I've had luck just searching for the exact dimensions I need and I've found decent frames for not much money. For what it's worth, those Stereolab inserts were probably trimmed to a size in centimeters—you may have better luck using those numbers as opposed to inches.

23. Mr. Siegal

Mr. Siegal Forum Resident

24. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Forum Resident

25. Frip

Frip Forum Resident

It's rumoured on another forum that this will be a stripped-back version of Oscillons From the Anti-Sun, but that there will be a further volume later in the year with rarer and unreleased material.

bloodlemons, rancher and polchik like this.