Steve-Are these the same as yours?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by smilin, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smilin

smilin New Member Thread Starter

Steve, I have been thinking about getting a pair of tannoys to try, and in reading your profile, I noticed you have a pair of Lancasters. There is a pair on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5730736733&fromMakeTrack=true

Are these the same you have, and would you recommend them for use with 12.5 watt 300B amps. Would I be able to really Rock with these, and do they sound good with all genre's of music?

Thanks in advance

Steve smilin Milin :p

What is your take on the sound quality of the tannoys, boyh positive and negative? :help:

2. AudioGirl

AudioGirl Forum Resident

Steven's Tannoy speakers are in much bigger cabinets if the pictures he has posted of them mean anything.

3. smilin

smilin New Member Thread Starter

Thanks, I will look for the picture's, I am on a speaker hunt, all I have is 5 pairs of Klipsch so far :righton:

4. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

5. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Why is it that people feel that they must answer for Steve?
    How do you get on the list to have permission to do so?

6. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Dave, I am not trying to answer for Steve, I was trying to help a new guy. Sorry if I upset you. :o

7. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

I believe they are just trying to help, knowing SH will chime in when he gets back on.
    If that bugs ya, David, why post about it? What do ya care?

You got a brilliant new box set to look forward to...smile!:)

:ed:

8. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Audio Girl and others have pretty much answered the first part in this thread.

I've run my Tannoys with as little as 9 watts per channel and they work fine. Not at ear-splitting levels though.

As I've mentioned many times, Tannoys of this era have a full, rich, powerful sound but start to die around 12k... I use my pair in a vintage system which lets me hear what engineers in England (who mixed on Tannoys) heard when they were mixing.

I've found that Tannoys are the least horn-like of all of the efficient speakers of that era..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.