Steve Hackett band concert Atlanta 4.16.22

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DEG, Apr 17, 2022.

1. DEG

DEG Sparks ^^^ Thread Starter

At the Variety Playhouse. They played the entire "Seconds out" album, took a break, came out and played Selling England by the Pound in it's entirity, with Los Endos and Dance on a Volcano ending the 2 hour + gig. Stunning. His band - incredible. (Steve Hackett, Nad Sylvan, Roger King, Thomas Reingold, Rob Towsend, and the drummer who's name I did not catch). The sound was excellent.

[​IMG]

2. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

The drummer would have been Craig Blundell, who's toured in recent years as part of Steven Wilson's band.

Thanks for this report. Looking forward to seeing this show in Boulder in a few weeks.

3. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

Jonas Reingold

4. DEG

Thanks. It was late...

longdist01 likes this.
  5. DEG

[​IMG]

longdist01 likes this.
  6. DEG

You are going to love it.

Rufus rag likes this.
  7. DEG

8. DEG

[​IMG]

The sound guy had the lyrics for each song and he would flip and flip until the end of the show. At times, the bass was shaking. I told the guy next to me "I wish my stereo sounded like this". We laughed. That device the sound guy was operating was fasinaticing to look at and watch him operate it. Very unique experience. Plus I "upgraded" my seat to about 26 rows back in the center. Mt ticket was 10 rows back, but way left, so I spoke to the usher and he put me in a seat that was super.

9. DaveinMA

DaveinMA Some guy

At the show I saw, at one point Townsend was playing bass pedals while Reingold was on 12-string, and then he finished with the 12-string part and started playing air drums and made Blundell laugh.

DEG likes this.
  10. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Wait, when did the SEBTP thing happen/get added? I’m going in a couple weeks…pretty sure it was just advertised as Seconds Out (and “more”). Either show will be good but if I could pick I’d just take the live album + some solo tunes rather than a 100% Genesis cover show.

NorthNY Mark likes this.
  11. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Steve must have changed the setlist from when I saw him in Boston on April 2nd. He did a short first set of solo songs then took a break. The second set was Seconds Out in it's entirety then did Dance on a Volcano and Los Endos as an encore.

Steve Hackett Setlist at The Wilbur Theatre, Boston

Below is the setlist from 4/16/22. I would have preferred this setlist. Excellent show!

Steve Hackett Setlist at Variety Playhouse, Atlanta

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    NorthNY Mark and longdist01 like this.
  12. smarone313

smarone313 Forum Resident

I saw him in Harrisburg PA on 4/6/2022. The show was originally booked for March 15, 2020 as part of the Selling England By The Pound tour. Thanks to Covid, the show was postponed several times until now. I fully expected to see the Seconds Out show, as that is what Steve has been touring. After his opening number he addressed the audience: “ I’m going to do something tonight I’ve never done - play two Genesis albums in their entirety back to back.” After one more Steve Hackett song, they performed SEBTP, took a short break and returned to do the remainder Of Seconds Out, with Volcano and Los Endos acting as encores.

a great show- and thrilled by the generosity to give the crowd whatever they might have expected.

13. fje99

fje99 Well-Known Member

Can’t wait. Cinci in a couple weeks.

OhioHead likes this.
  14. CDmp3

CDmp3 Forum Resident

Since some songs are on both albums it was not in the album playing order...right?

15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I think you are correct. I believe the show I went to (4/2/22) played Seconds Out in the correct album order.

16. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Yesterday, 10 years ago, I got that call from Steve - “Would you like to join my band?”. Then my life changed completely.

- Nad Sylvan

17. Frozensoda

Frozensoda Forum Resident

I saw them in central Jersey, the SEBtP songs were removed from the Seconds Out running order and put into their proper place in SEBtP.
    I was rather stunned to see the SEBtP set as it hadn’t been advertised.

18. maclen

maclen Senior Member

I’m not the biggest early Genesis fan. My buddy gave me a ticket. Whoa. What a band. Even though I didn’t know half the songs I really enjoyed it. So glad I was there. Hey what song is this?

tug_of_war and Frozensoda like this.
  19. maclen

maclen Senior Member

I think Steve said he was playing both because this show was delayed two years. Not sure if SEBTP was supposed to be played originally?

walrus likes this.
  20. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

So no "Shadow of the Hierophant"?

21. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I'm one of the few who actually goes to a Hackett show and wants to hear some Steve Hackett material. :laugh: The show here is still just advertised as a Seconds Out gig, so I'm assuming it will be the 4/5 solo songs then SO at this gig. Can't wait.

DEG likes this.
  22. apb

apb Game on!

After the Ordeal, it's between Epping Forest and Cinema Show on Selling England.

His setlist may depend on whether the Selling England show in 2020 was cancelled in that city. Hackett played in DC on 3/6/20, right before the world shut down. We got solo and Selling England sets that night. When he played the same venue in DC on 4/13/22, we got a 35-minute solo set, then Seconds Out in running order and with full versions of everything but Musical Box.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  23. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

craigobau likes this.
  24. reddyempower

reddyempower Forum Resident

Fantastic show in Cincy last night. Solo stuff was utterly compelling and I feel a bit silly for not having been familiar. About to rectify that.

Rufus rag, davenav and DiabloG like this.
  25. DEG

[​IMG]

davenav and joelee like this.