Steve Hoffman on 8-track tape;)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonfan, Mar 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member Thread Starter

It was a hoot today to come across an 8-track tape of Vintage Music Vol.2 on the ultra-audiophile format of 8-track tape:) ,
    complete with 2 out of 10 songs being continued to the next program..wow...there must be a full 6 minutes on each program! I just don't have that kind of time:))
    lol

2. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

You gotta scan that one for us! An 8-track from 1985? Thought they'd died out around 1982 or so. The last "new" one I recall was "Reel Music."

3. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

:D
    While lennonfan's at it, maybe he could send a scan to the good natured geeks at 8-Track Heaven too! www.8trackheaven.com
    A very strange find indeed.
    Dan C

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I once read somewhere that 8-track tapes are still being manufacturered for the country and gospel market and still sell in some places in the south.

5. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

The "latest" rock 8-track I personally know of is Columbia House's Cloud Nine by George Harrison in 1987/88. Does anyone know of anything later?

6. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

8 Track Tapes

All,

They quit making them?.....Seriously, I had heard what Grant had heard. That there was still a market for them in specialized markets. Steve on 8-track--there is a novel thought....

Bob

7. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member Thread Starter

yep, this is a true 1986 MCA 8-track! wish I could do a scan....will do as soon as I get a scanner:)
    I think Cloud 9 by George is one of the very last major label issues. Beyond country, I think there's some punk/garage groups that are releasing their low-budget efforts on this sublime medium:)
    I wonder if Steve knows he's mentioned in print on 8-track tape:)

8. Richard Feirstein

Richard Feirstein New Member

Hay the guys in "Men In Black" had a full blown 8 track in the car and Elvis in play. They must know something we don't . Let's see if it makes it into the sequel or if they moved on to one of those automobile 45rpm record players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.