Steve Hoffman's Audio Note TT-2 Deluxe, Black Friday Special

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Warren Jarrett, Nov 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warren Jarrett

Warren Jarrett Audio Note (UK) dealer in SoCal/LA-OC In Memoriam Thread Starter

In preparation for Steve to receive his TT-3, I now have his TT-2 Deluxe. To be announced on Thanksgiving day, I will start a silent auction for it. The highest bidder will own it. It is absolutely like new, with no tonearm and no cartridge. If the auction stalls at a ridiculously low price, I may announce the current top bid to stimulate more bidding. But we'll consider that later, in about 2 weeks.

Compatible arms, you ask? Any Rega mount fits perfectly, including my favorites the AN arms, the Rega 600 or 700, and the Audio Origami arms, including the current Syrinx PU-7.

This Black Friday special auction will end on December 26, the day after Christmas.

I will post more details here this Thursday, on USA's Thanksgiving day. But I will ship to anywhere in the world, to whoever is the highest bidder.

Please check back, if you are interested.

broshfab4, Dave, SBurke and 3 others like this.
  2. Warren Jarrett

corrected English translation and expanded tonearm/cartridge wish list:

Compatible tonearms, you ask? Any Rega mount fits perfectly, including my favorites, the Audio Note arms, the Rega RB-300 varients, the even better Rega RB-600, -700, -1000 or -2000, and Audio Origami arms, including the current Syrinx PU-7 (for which I am also a USA dealer). I will pass on a big discount to the winner if one of these arms is desired. And maybe an Audio Note, TriangleArt or Aidas cartridge, too.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  3. Warren Jarrett

I hope that a few analog appetites are whetted. Just so you know, the normal retail price for a TT-2-Deluxe with wood veneer is about $3500. If the silent bidding gets up to at least 1/2 that, I will be satisfied. But no matter where it gets, the highest bidder WILL take it home.

I don't think I mentioned that it has extremely few hours of use, is in perfect cosmetic condition, works in every way that it should, and will carry a full new warranty. Accessories, such as AN remote power supply, as well as choices of various tonearms and cartridges, will be offered at 33-1/3% off retail to go with it. This is a true Black Friday special, never to be repeated, in honor of Steve Hoffman's friendship with me and with Peter Qvortrup.

Only stevehoffman.tv forum members are eligible to participate, so this thread will be the only announcement for it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  4. Warren Jarrett

As of today, the silent auction for Steve Hoffman's Audio Note TT-2 Deluxe turntable is ready to start. If you are interested in bidding, please think about the price you would be happy to pay for it, and send me a PM with your offer. I will keep every bidder informed about when you are the highest bidder and when you are not. Please look above at my previous posts, for more details about the turntable itself. The table is absolutely like new and carries a full warrenty. No tonearm or cartridge is included, because I prefer the winner/ buyer keeps his opportunity to choose.

To see a picture of the turntable (remember that no arm or cartridge is included), go to my website, www. TheAudioHome.com, click the link to PAGE 2, and go through the PICTURES GALLERY. You will see it there, originally intended to be a demo, but loaned to Steve instead.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  5. Warren Jarrett

As of this evening, the highest bid is $1001.00. I have PMed this to all bidders and posted here, in this thread.

6. Warren Jarrett

I realized today that, due to different voltages in various places in the world, international trade laws and representation contracts with the factory, this auction is only available to residents of the USA, and possibly the UK.

Regarding the UK, I will have to look into how to deliver to a winner in the UK. I would have to either convert the internal power supply, or provide a new turntable built for the UK, direct from the factory.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  7. jsr

jsr Forum Resident

If you want to drive up those bids have Steve sign the plinth

8. Warren Jarrett

Yeah, but then I would have to share the driven-up price with him. :shake:

jsr likes this.
  9. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Shouldn’t this be in the classifieds or something?

Tim 2, Bill Mac, jon9091 and 4 others like this.
  10. Warren Jarrett

Well, except nobody would see it there... and this is of special interest to members who have followed Steve's adventures in comparing, reviewing and upgrading equipment. It is not just an ad.

11. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

Not Canada?

Dave likes this.
  12. finn

finn Forum Resident

Just be very pleased with what you have unless you want to play Santa to your daughter and then I'm sure Warren will smuggle it across the border for you risking years in Rikers just so she could hear the AN fat beats.

13. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

The issue with most turntables is the frequency not the voltage - When I moved from Vancouver Island to Hong Kong I had to sell my TT2 because of the frequency which would have required Audio Note moving the motors. But I bought a TT2 here.

Is this your TT2 Warren?

[​IMG]

14. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

Oh I definitely love my turntable/tonearm/cartridge/SUT setup! It is the best that I have heard. But, the TT-2 Deluxe is an excellent turntable (I enjoyed mine for a couple of years) and it has been popular in Canada and I thought that he might increase his audience if it was ok for him to sell north of the border as well. Of course, my daughter would enjoy a nice step up in her vinyl replay if I did buy it from him as an over the top Christmas present for her!

15. Warren Jarrett

No, the voltage and frequency are identical in Canada, USA, and Mexico. That is not the problem. The problem is what contracts exist between AN(uk) and the dealers in Canada. I wouldn't usually sell any AN item to anyone outside the USA, but since this TT-2 is a demo, and therefore technically "used", YES, I will include a winning bidder from Canada or Mexico. Thanks for asking.

Yes, that is the TT-2 Deluxe, sitting on Steve's floor before removing the tonearm and cartridge, and taking it away... Oh, wait a sec... well it LOOKS exactly the same, but Steve had two identical TT and TA, one kit with a AN moving magnet cartridge, the other with a AN moving coil cartridge. The TT-2 Deluxe I took was the one that had the MC cartridge.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    Dave likes this.
  16. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Well, whomever ends up this Steve Hoffman collectible, would you invite me over and I'll bring my Hoffman 45 rpm "A Charlie Brown Christmas" LP?

Oh wait, does that thing even play @ 45 rpm speed?

poe_man likes this.
  17. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

That was from the LP? Sounds good. That's Vince's voice at the beginning doing the countdown..

JNTEX and Chris C like this.
  18. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

It has to be yours, as far as I know, as your mastering was the only one to ever feature that great little count-in, which I treasure!

JNTEX likes this.
  19. Steve Hoffman

I caught hell for using that, believe it or not. Screw 'em..

Kyhl, yodog, liv3evil and 2 others like this.
  20. Richard Austen

Yes the TT2 will play 45RPM. My TT2 is not the Deluxe edition so have to lift the platter and move the belt. I believe you don't need to do this with the Deluxe model with the external power supply. But in either case it will play both.

21. Steve Hoffman

That's my other TT2. Where did this pic come from? That's my floor..

Richard Austen likes this.
  22. Richard Austen

I got it off Warren's webesite. I thought Warren was having trouble posting pics here.

23. Steve Hoffman

Ah, OK, just curious. It was only on the floor for a day or two.

24. Warren Jarrett

I recognized the carpet from Steve's floor, but the dead give-away is the four Audio Note speaker cables perfectly situated side-by-side.

Thank you for the picture, Richard, you are right, I haven't figured out how to post pictures here.

As of this evening, the highest bid is $1550.00.

25. Steve Hoffman

Someone is going to get a great turntable for not much money. Carry on!

bhazen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.