Steve Miller Band remasters

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TSmithPage, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member Thread Starter

I'm always surprised by what's out there that gets by me. In checking prices for the new King Biscuit live CD by the Steve Miller Band, I noticed on amazon.com and hmv.com that several of the band's recordings have been "digitally remastered from the original master tapes." Now, I know Steve Hoffman did Fly Like an Eagle, Book of Dreams and the Greatest Hits (I have 2 of the 3) but am wondering if anyone has picked up these new remasters, of these 3 and the others now available, and can give me their impressions. Most are available for about $11 from hmv.com. Are they a significant improvement from the original issues? Any opinions appreciated...

2. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Todd, if you don't have it, try to find a copy of Steve Miller's Greatest Hits mastered by Steve, Hoffman that is. Not only are the sonics wonderful, Steve took the extra trouble to use the full length LP versions on all the songs. Unlike the original LP and CD issues which use edited versions of several songs.

3. TSmithPage

Yeah, actually Book of Dreams is the only Hoffman remaster I haven't picked up yet. Anybody know about these newere remasters?

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I can't imagine anything better than Steve's mastering of Steve Miller...Wow!:love:

5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i hate when an artists material is remastered and there are albums that haven't yet been issued on cd once anywhere in the world.

"rock love" and "journey from eden" need to be on cd.

where are they???

renny

6. TSmithPage

I'm with you, Renny. I finally broke down and bought "Jouirney" on vinyl, and will probably buy Rock Love on LP when I find it cheap enough as well. It's still irritating having these gaps in our CD collections.

7. freeflyt

freeflyt Active Member

I second that emotion...been waiting for "Journey from Eden" for years, and am STILL waiting. Does anyone know why this album has never been released on CD? Royalty issues, lost tapes, what?

Enquiring minds....

Stephen

8. Loud Listener

Loud Listener Forum Resident

Agreed.

That and Steve's Fly Like An Eagle. Beats the pants off the MFSL LP.

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

All three DCC Gold's are GREAT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.