Steve: What about Uriah Heep?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dwmann, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwmann

dwmann Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Steve,
    A while back you inquired if boardmembers would be interested in Uriah Heep re-issues. Is this still on the board somewhere as a maybe, or is it a dead issue?

Thanks,

Douglas Mann

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Hi Douglas,

This is actually a question for Marshall Blonstein at Audio Fidelity. Ask him the question on their message board....

3. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

I made that post about a week ago... I rememberd Steve asking what we thought about it. Just wanted to know what the status was. Glad to know where we can look.

Thanks Steve.

4. dwmann

dwmann Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks. Will do. (I'm crossing my fingers.)

5. pauljones

pauljones Forum Chef

Not a terrible group, but I am not sure worthy of Mr. Hoffman's mastering skills.
    Saw them live in 1974 and the most memorable thing was witnessing guitarist Mick Box throwing up in a trash can every few minutes!

Paul:hurl:

6. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

I would like to see a Uriah Heep album remastered by Steve for vinyl, Gold CD and SACD (in that order;)).

I would take a pick out of Very 'eavy/self-titled, Salisbury, Demons and Wizards or The Magician's Birthday. Look at Yourself is a good album, but there is something seriously wrong with the sound there, AFAIR. For the rest of the output, a compilation would do just fine.

:)

7. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Good call SVL! :agree:

Even though I own the Castle remasters with extra tracks released a few years ago, I'd purchase each of those titles again if they were Stevo remastered SACDs with the only hesitation being Look At Yourself which has never sounded right to me. I would also recommend adding the Live '73 album if there were enough interest in a 2 SACD set; it's an excellent historical document of the key, and sadly long posthumous, Byron/Thain era recordings.

BTW, I'd hope Very 'eavy/Very 'umble and Salisbury would be the British versions with their original covers and, at least in the case of Salisbury, slightly different track listing than US releases (i.e., Bird of Prey on Salisbury is a great lead-off track in my very 'umble opinion)!

:cheers:

Cat

8. SVL

SVL Forum Resident

9. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I would really like hear a Uriah Heep remaster by Steve. Demons and Wizards, Magician's Birthday, and Sweet Freedom prefered.

I don't think Uriah Heep is anymore obscure that many other remasters Steve has done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.