Steve, which reel2reel recorder?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by lpcd2001, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lpcd2001

lpcd2001 New Member Thread Starter

Hi Steve, I used to own a r2r recorder and now want to check it sonic performance again. I would also want to tape my daughter playing piano with it. Any recommendation? Revox/Tascam/? Thanks.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

For your needs, I would suggest a Teac or Tascam deck. Go to Ebay and find one cheap.

Stay away from the imported units like Revox, etc. They sound great, but the old ones need a lot of work!

3. lpcd2001

Thanks

for such speedy reply. Life is good today because I found the lot of 10 like-new MCA Vintage Rock LPs that you mastered!!! This is at a local used record shop.

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Good for you! :)

5. FabFourFan

FabFourFan Senior Member

Hey, now!! I have a mint-in-box Tascam 32 that needs a good home!! Check the Classifieds forum if you're interested!

6. lpcd2001

What is 4track-stereo

I saw some tapes on E-bay described as 4-track stereo. How would we play back 4 track and end up with stereo? Do I need to buy 4-track recorders in order to play back these tapes? Thanks.

7. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Re: What is 4track-stereo

That would be a two sided tape. Also known as quarter track. Two tracks for each side...

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

TommyTunes was nice enough to sell me a piece of his 4-Track tape collection. Believe it or not, a LOT of the 3.75 IPS reels sounded really nice!

Not all though. I even scored a Who's Next. Cute piece, but the sound is alright. (Decca 3 3/4 IPS)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.