Steven Spielberg Poll - 00s & 10s. Pick 5 films!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aar Gal, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Yes Gladiator was the last high point and its been a money grabbing decline since then...in my opinion of course. Similar for Spielberg. For some, you can never have enough money especially when people will throw millions at you for directing 20 minutes of live action as per Ready Player One.

2. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

“Black Hawk Down”, the director’s cut of “Kingdom of Heaven” which he fought to get released, “American Gangster” ... subjective but for me all great films.

On “Black Hawk Down” he brought the surviving Rangers to the mix stage to view and give approval.
    I also have a weak spot for “Matchstick Men”, “Body of Lies” and “The Martian”.
    He has no need to be money grubbing. He loves filmmaking. Honest.

3. JoeOnWheels

JoeOnWheels Forum Resident

Bridge, Minority, Catch, Lincoln, BFG
    Bridge and Catch are my favorites.
    Took some grand-kids to BFG and it didn't require much effort to stay awake. That's a good kid's movie!

4. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

As if live-action is harder to direct? Spielberg has said RP1 was one of the three hardest movies he's directed, I believe. If you look at the way James Cameron made Avatar or Spielberg made RP1, it certainly doesn't look easy. They're working the camera just as they would in live-action but they're doing it in a digital environment that doesn't really exist. Much harder than just walking around a movie set that's completely built and life-size.

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Lincoln.

Expected it to be better, a bit on the boring side. Not one of DDL best acting films.

6. alexpop

Poll ?
    2 best.
    A.I.
    Munich

7. alexpop

Yeah either Saving Private Ryan or Munich

Shoes1916 likes this.
  8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Wrong decades for this thread...

9. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

Out of the ones I've seen I love the kingdom of the crystal skull the most, simply action packed and incredible from start to finish, my personal favorite Indy film
    Catch me if you can, the terminal, and the post were all better than they had any right to be
    Others like Munich, war horse, Tintin and BFG were just plain horrible though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.