Steven Wilson "Home Invasion - In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall" (BR+2CD, DVD+2CD) Oct 26/18

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DesertChaos, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003

2. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

A short video of scenes outside the Royal Albert Hall was posted today on SW's Facebook page with the message 12th September. I assume this will be the official announcement of what @DesertChaos posted.

3. klyph

klyph Forum Resident

4. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

No deluxe edition to invest in, that's a shame; they're a much better return on investment than a savings account!

Matt S likes this.
  5. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Great, 5 lps. $$$. Probably would have been happy with the cd’s if I didn’t know about the vinyl. o_O

SJP likes this.
  6. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Same here, I give up. "Go 'n go 'n live 'n a cave, get away from temptation" That's it everyone is getting socks for xmas, that's all I'll be able to afford.

7. four sticks

It's nice to see a standalone blu ray as an option. Automatic purchase for me.

Quincy and DaverJ like this.
  8. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Anyone know if the vinyl box set can ordered from Amazon U.K. as cost of shipping from burning shed is crazy to Ireland
    Thanks

9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Vinyl is over $106 shipped to the USA. Burning Shed is terrific, I've bought tons from them over the years but their shipping is often oppressive which makes it difficult to be supportive. In this season of way too many forthcoming box sets, I have to hope for this vinyl to be made available elsewhere.

Slave2chaos likes this.
  10. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

Yeah, but now I need to buy the Blu-ray standalone in addition to the CD/blu-ray set, just to have that format line up with the other Steven Wilson BDs on the shelf. Sneaky devils.

Maybe I go for the cheaper CD/DVD set, and put the money saved toward the standalone BD..?

11. klyph

klyph Forum Resident

Yeah, BS's shipping is too expensive. I have found in the past though that their item prices are normally slightly cheaper, so in the end the shipping cost is offset some. I went ahead and preordered it anyway and if it becomes available cheaper somewhere else I'll cancel my order.

12. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

It should be pointed out the CDs, DVD, and Blu-ray sets have a release date of November 2 2018, and the vinyl is March 22 of 2019.

SJP, JediJoker and klyph like this.
  13. four sticks

from SWHQ:

Home Invasion: In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall - Steven Wilson

Home Invasion captures the final night of my three night March 2018 residency at what is probably my favourite venue in the world, the Royal Albert Hall in London. The full performance is included, and it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic, everyone involved working incredibly hard to make this a really high quality release in all departments, and to capture the visual elements of the show (plus as you would expect with a show presented in quadraphonic sound audio options also include a surround sound mix). Bonus material consists of 3 additional songs not part of the main show (Routine, Hand Cannot Erase, and Heartattack in a Layby) filmed in the empty venue during the afternoon soundcheck, as well as interview / backstage footage. Over 3 hours of content in total.

Home Invasion: In Concert at the Royal Albert Hall will be released on 2nd November by Eagle Rock / Universal in a number of formats: Blu-ray, DVD, Blu-ray/2CD, DVD/2CD. A deluxe 5LP vinyl version will be released later on in March 2019.

The CDs include the full soundtrack of the concert across 2 discs, while the fifth LP in the vinyl set additionally includes the 3 soundcheck songs as well as 3 songs taken from the previous night’s performance (How is Your Life Today?, Blackfield, and Postcard), again none of which were performed during the filming and are therefore exclusive to the vinyl.

RangerXT, Thorpy, DaverJ and 2 others like this.
  14. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Songs exklusive to a pricey and limited Vinyl-Set...

So is this live recording the Pulse of this generation?

15. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

Patiently awaiting to see if Amazon US will put the vinyl set up for preorder. The CD is the only one on there so far.

16. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

And I will need to get the bluray and vinyl........ :)

17. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

pinktree1 likes this.
  18. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

drum_cas likes this.
  19. Hgavinyl

Hgavinyl Forum Resident

I'm weak...decided to go ahead and preorder from Burning Shed.

20. Vinyl on Amazon uk for pre order. I swore that I had finished with Wilson related purchases but have pre ordered the vinyl and will get the blu ray/cd set. If that doesn't get the juices flowing then plenty of time to cancel the vinyl set.

SJP likes this.
  21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ The vinyl should be less than $70 shipped, dropped the order and can always cancel if it ends up being available for less stateside.

* Pre-orders bear significant exchange rate risk as this isn't locked in until the item is fulfilled. A lot can happen in six months!

22. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

Any ideas what a worst-case exchange rate scenario would be for a US pre-order from Amazon UK?

23. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'm no expert, not like I track these things but it's been hovering around 1.3-ish for a bit. My last few purchases were in that ballpark. I just did a price check for the upcoming Tom Petty CD box and the exchange rate came out to 1.35-ish. That would put the SW vinyl box at around $70 & change.

Seems to me there was a time when you used to be able to count on the exchange rate to be solidly in the 1.4 range. Yes, review of a historical graph confirms my recollection.

[​IMG]

DaverJ likes this.
  24. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Pre-ordered the CD/BluRay set and the vinyl set at Amazon. Expect/hope the prices to drop a bit though.

25. Sadcafe

Sadcafe In the kingdom of the deaf, one eared man is King

£56 including delivery for vinyl on amazon uk. Feels like a no brainer.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.