Steven Wilson starts recording a new album: "The Future Bites" (29th January 2021)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, May 26, 2019.

1. Omron

Omron Forum Resident

My limited vinyl album edition was pre ordered beginning of October last year.
    Mine and all the others £30 would have been sitting for 16 months in Stevens off shore bank account if it’s released next January?
    I can’t see that or tours of any part of America or the EU happening this year.
    So no album.
    What I don’t like is the not being offered the option to cancel that order and get my money they’ve had for 8 months refunded .

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  2. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Off-shore bank accounts? What are you talking about?

Have you reached out to them to ask if you could cancel it given the circumstances?

3. nsmith1002

nsmith1002 Forum Resident

Just got an email from Burning Shed that the release date for The Future Bites has been put off until January 29th, 2021.

JediJoker likes this.
  4. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Can't say I am surprised. It is what it is.

5. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

I await with baited breath....ears... Something. ; )

6. akmonday

akmonday Forum Resident

they made the announcement this was being delayed last month, surprised not everyone knew.

7. Matt S

Matt S Forum Resident

I've not heard anything about the concert dates in September though. Can't imagine they will be going ahead surely?

8. Miles1968

Miles1968 The years just pass like trains

You would think not. I've got a ticket to London and would rather it be postponed to next year (and after TFB is released).
    Time will tell.

9. Matt S

Matt S Forum Resident

Likewise. I've got tickets for the Nottingham show, as this was the closest venue to my home in the northwest. Even so, I would need to stay overnight if I were to go, and would therefore prefer it to be deferred. As you say, time will tell...

Miles1968 likes this.
  10. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Steven Wilson on Instagram: “Today I'm launching a brand new podcast with my friend @tim_bowness, THE ALBUM YEARS, details below. The first episode, '1980' is now…”

Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness now have a Podcast called The Album Years. Here's the description from Steven Wilson's Instagram:

Today I'm launching a brand new podcast with my friend @tim_bowness, THE ALBUM YEARS, details below. The first episode, '1980' is now available on all major podcasting platforms. Please let us know if you enjoy it in order to encourage us to do more!

On The Album Years podcast, long term friends, collaborators and music nerds Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness regularly meet online to discuss and bicker about their favourite music released during the golden album years, which they reckon to be from around 1965 to the end of the millennium. Each episode focuses on a single year picked at random. At the end of each episode they pick their personal favourites and the album they think had the most long-term impact on music. Can you guess which albums Steven and Tim will pick from 1980, and what would be your favourite albums from that year?

Alan57, bobloblaw, denesis and 9 others like this.
  11. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Steven's podcast has been fantastic so far. Very interesting listens

12. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

Quite enjoyed the first episode (1980). I'm not a podcast devotée, but I'll definitely be listening to more.

HotelYorba101 and Miles1968 like this.
  13. manco

manco Forum Resident

Disappointed that they didn't discuss Selling England by the Pound.

14. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Steven isn't much of a Genesis fan.

abor1g, JediJoker and manco like this.
  15. The Release Date Bites!

16. I guess even a genius like Wilson has his flaws. :winkgrin:

17. nsmith1002

I just received an email from Burning Shed that my bundle of The Future Bites (CD, Blu-ray and vinyl) has shipped!:goodie::goodie::goodie:

Did not expect that at all!

And I did not see anything on Wilson's Facebook page this morning about this huge change of release date.

18. juanmanuel

juanmanuel Forum Resident

I received the same notification, but the status of my order at Burning Shed states that the items are unshipped. Perhaps the order was shipped but I doubt it!!. Fingers crossed!!

19. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

FB notice said it was a mistake

We accidentally sent a batch of Shipping Notification emails at 11.20 this morning - please ignore them. There's no need to call us or email Chloe, just delete it.

Sorry for any confusion and inconvenience, it's very hot here!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    manco, JediJoker and Plan9 like this.
  20. nsmith1002

21. manco

manco Forum Resident

I also got a Burning Shed shipping notification. I thought the album wasn't shipping until February 2021?

22. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

Just read the link from the post above yours.

23. Seagull

Seagull Seabird flavour member

Hmmm, I got an email from Burning Shed saying that a Pineapple Thief tote bag had been dispatched against an order number. I couldn't remember ordering it.

I checked my account, I had ordered it 2 years ago but it wasn't available then.

I'll see if it arrives :)

Marko K, Scope J and JediJoker like this.
  24. Miles1968

Miles1968 The years just pass like trains

Just received this email to say that the SW tour in September is cancelled :

“Due to the continued restrictions on public gatherings and in the interests of the safety and health of concertgoers, band, crew and everyone involved in putting on a live show, it is with great reluctance that I am forced to cancel the September 2020 live events I had previously announced. It would have been perhaps strange to have done these shows so far in advance of the delayed release of The Future Bites album anyway, but although the cancellation of these shows is not unexpected, it still comes as a great disappointment to me. I will have a further update on my live plans for you all very soon, in the meantime full refunds for all the shows will be issued from your point of purchase”

JediJoker likes this.
  25. Matt S

Matt S Forum Resident

Yes I got the same email too, plus one from Motorpoint Arena in Nottingham saying the event was cancelled, and they will be refunding me. Seems strange that the events have been cancelled completely, as opposed to rescheduled. Wonder what the further update about SW's live plans will be?

Miles1968 likes this.