Steven Wilson - "The Tastemaker" - Exclusive Studio Outtake from The Future Bites

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AlanDistro, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorpy

Thorpy Forum Resident

SO cool to hear this Alan as above, I will take a listen to the podcast during this week to hear the discussion. May I add my huge thanks for sharing the FLAC file of The Tastemaker which is now a very pleasing part of TFB album on my iTunes / iPod Classic. And the video is something else again, wow - the attention to detail and creativity that you guys put into making this so entertaining and classy is phenomenal!! All round this story of your purchase is so full of positivity that it has restored my faith in a great many things during such crazy times for so many people. Thank you :righton:

AlanDistro and Miles1968 like this.
  2. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thank you so much! The video was a ton of fun to make, and I was happy to hear Steven say the whole release (of "The Tastemaker") was better than he could have asked for, as I kept getting a little nervous that I was maybe overstepping with the additional story elements in the video/the in-universe cover art.

Thorpy likes this.
  3. RicB

RicB Certified Porcupine Tree Fan

Thanks so much. I thought the whole Ultra deluxe thing was just a fiction like most of the hype around TFB. Thanks so much for sharing! Just out of curiosity - is the soundcheck really "Twilight Zone" and is it any good? I've heard his studio take on it (on my copy of 2112 40th).

Never mind - just finished reading through the thread and saw your confirmation that this was, indeed, Twilight Zone. Very cool.

Once more - it was really REALLY generous to share this song and all your work on the video.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    AlanDistro likes this.
  4. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

I checked out your making of video. loved it. You did such a stellar job. Thank you once again for the FLAC. Super nice of you.

AlanDistro likes this.
  5. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thank you! I've been doing this kind of work for the past ten years for my own band, but we obviously don't get the kind of views a Steven Wilson video will bring in, so it's been a lot of fun being able to share all this with a wider audience.

Skylab and krimson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.