Steven Wilson working on Tangerine Dream: In search of Hades Box Set.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by warp2600, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24db

24db Forum Resident

Actually no, the remastering was done by Denis Blackham more recently and it's pretty good

2. japhyman

japhyman Forum Resident

RangerXT and uzn007 like this.
  3. couchguy

couchguy Forum Resident

4. japhyman

japhyman Forum Resident

Good question , yeah looks like it’s a US based company

5. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Not really a deal, as my I ordered from Amazon-UK and the cost came out to $137(including Shipping). If Amazon-US ever lowers their price to what I paid from Amazon-UK, then I will cancel and order from Amazon-US, but good with $137(and hoping for a potential price drop on Amazon-UK prior to the Shipping Date that they honor on Preorders).

giantleech and xj32 like this.
  6. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

7. 24db

24db Forum Resident

utterly smashes the theory that the out-takes weren't
    used because they weren't good enough.

Todd68, RangerXT, sws2000 and 4 others like this.
  8. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

really very beautiful and the second part reveals the unmistakable experimental style of the Tangerine :goodie:

Todd68, RangerXT, sws2000 and 3 others like this.
  9. 24db

24db Forum Resident

nice Tron and EMS on the 'organ piece'

RangerXT, Slim Zooms and Robomaks like this.
  10. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

is also very nice the SOBORNOST 1981 always by Edgar:

dougotte, RangerXT and albertop like this.
  11. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

ispace, Todd68, reapers and 2 others like this.
  12. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

Released on all platforms...hope this means hi-res and possibly surround. Would like some of those live events to appear in the States as well. Does "Blue Room" finally get an official release?

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    jacek2 likes this.
  13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

There are bonus tracks in the set. If combined wouldn't it be that exact LP?

14. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

I think so, for the most part. Redundant tracks appear in original album sequence. If you have the 2012 release Voices in the Net states:
    8.Tropic of Capricorn[1982 remix; wrongly titled Epsilon In Malaysian Pale]
    20.IF 810[Wrongly titled Tropic Of Capricorn] This is the only track representing Macula Transfer.

Credits for Kamikaze 1989 appear but not the music.
    Tracks were corrected for the 2014 release but booklet contains the same errors.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    andrewskyDE likes this.
  15. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

dougotte likes this.
  16. Todd68

Todd68 I'm Listening

Musicvaultz has the boxset back in stock. VAULTZVIP is the 15% off code - All in (tax and shipping included) it was about $186 Canadian. I just ordered.

Norco74 likes this.
  17. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Nice but sold out again...

RangerXT likes this.
  18. Todd68

Todd68 I'm Listening

It seems they adjust the numbers from time to time. I am assuming they will have more projected stock closer to release. It's worth it to check in on occasion.

19. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Senior Member

Amazon Australia has the Hades box for A$333.32 including shipping from Australia.

This is a VERY high price, so I'll only be getting this box is the reviews of the audio quality are great and I can find it for much cheaper.

ispace likes this.
  20. RangerXT

RangerXT Forum Resident

I live in the US and ordered from Amazon UK. Not only is it's base price cheaper than anywhere else, but it actually gave me a discount for ordering in the us.

21. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Senior Member

My guess is that the discount is simply Amazon UK not charging you their Value Added Tax. This is removed for all shipments outside of the UK.

In happier times past I bought lots from Amazon UK to be shipped to Australia. With cheap shipping for box sets, I often got it for less than those in the UK would have paid. Unfortunately Amazon no longer ship to Australia (apart from their USA store) due to the Australian government insisting that they collect our GST on it's behalf, and Amazon refusing to do this.

RangerXT and ispace like this.
  22. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Yes that is the reason(VAT Removal), as I ordered the TD Box Set from Amazon-UK, and have ordered other items from them in the past.

Sorry to hear that Australia does not work it out with Amazon-UK for people, who live there, as it is unfortunate that People living in Australia, who love to buy Music(Physical Media), have an expensive hobby that I assume limits some purchases. Hopefully, a few copies will show up on Ebay at a decent price for those wanting to buy the TD Box Set. Not sure if Burning Shed is also selling it, and what their Shipping Cost is to Australia(Burning Shed Shipping to the US is much higher than Amazon-UK, so I have only bought a few items from them in the past).

23. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Senior Member

Burning Shed shipping to Australia is 'only' Pd 53.55

So the total cost is 'only' Pd 149.38

Norco74 likes this.
  24. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Discogs has also been hit with the Aussie sales taxes collection.

I think it is a matter of time before Amazon organize their act to sell goods in a more competitive way in Australia.

What happened there with sale tax collection will probably happen soon in other countries. It is just a matter of time...

ispace likes this.
  25. ispace

ispace Senior Member

JPC.de probably best option for my fellow Aussies. They don’t charge GST so I paid about A$232 shipped to Australia.

Big Swifty and MichaelCPE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.