Steven Wilson working on Tangerine Dream: In search of Hades Box Set.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by warp2600, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Totally worth it. :D

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  2. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

So, no Logos....:oops:

3. Possible contents, April 2019

Disc 01 [CD - 'Phaedra']
    Disc 02 [CD - 'Phaedra Rarities']
    Disc 03 [CD - 'Phaedra' - Possible Bonus Material
    Disc 04 [CD - 'Rubycon' - Bonus Material either on this Disc or on Discs 14/15/16]
    Disc 05 [CD - 'Ricochet' - Bonus Material either on this Disc or on Discs 14/15/16]
    Disc 06 [CD - 'Stratosfear' - Bonus Material either on this Disc or on Discs 14/15/16]
    Disc 07 [CD - 'Encore']
    Disc 08 [CD - 'Cyclone' - Bonus Material either on this Disc or on Discs 14/15/16]
    Disc 09 [CD - 'Force Majeure']
    Disc 10 [CD - 'Oedipus Tyrannus']
    Disc 11 [CD - 'Live At The Rainbow - London']
    Disc 12 [CD - 'Live At The Victoria - London']
    Disc 13 [CD - 'Live At Coventry Cathedral']
    Disc 14 [CD - Bonus Content - Not Yet Know]
    Disc 15 [CD - Bonus Content - Not Yet Known]
    Disc 16 [CD - Bonus Content - Not Yet Known]
    Disc 17 [BR - 'Live At Coventry Cathedral' & 'Signale aus der Schwäbische Strasse']
    Disc 18 [BR - 5.1 Surround Sound & Stereo Mixes]

Robomaks likes this.
  4. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

And according to Andy King at the Zest on Facebook
    The zest - The Unofficial TANGERINE DREAM Group
    Andy King: "the CDS list is totally wrong, but a good guess"

andrewskyDE, warp2600 and hi_watt like this.
  5. moops

moops Senior Member

Individual CD sets would be nice for the financially challenged non fanaticals among us.

6. Sadcafe

Sadcafe In the kingdom of the deaf, one eared man is King

Sounds like the last of Steve Wilsons 'projects' and what a way to sign off. Now can we also see other known remixes release? Sowing the seeds next please.

warp2600 likes this.
  7. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Huh?

8. Sadcafe

Sadcafe In the kingdom of the deaf, one eared man is King

He said he has no time for these anymore. Unless the likes of Bowie, Bush, Zappa or Prince approach him. Unlikely. So it sounds like he is done for now (apart from his own stuff)

9. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

No, you got that wrong, he is slowing down on the remixes front but he is not stopping (to be frank Bush, Bowie and Zappa will never happen).
    The Tull, XTC (and a few others) series continue.

10. fRa

That goes without saying, guess he means that he dont take on any new ones! :)

Sadcafe likes this.
  11. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

F■A■N■T■A■S■T■I■C■!

12. Wouter

Wouter Archiving | remastering

Hi,

Well, whatever TD-fan Andy King has to say about this... he's not involved in the production of the box set, but I am - and I can confirm that this is an incomplete and inaccurate list.
    Myself, I wouldn't call this a 'good guess'. I don't know the facts that Andy King has based his reply on. Fact is that the stuff that's mentioned in the CDS mailing is indeed in the box, but it's an incomplete and inaccurate list.

Best regards,
    Wouter

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  13. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

The plot thickens...

klockwerk likes this.
  14. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I'd put the chances of any of that trio approaching SW at somewhat lower than “unlikely”. :tiphat:

murrays and Slim Zooms like this.
  15. 24db

24db Forum Resident

Wouter old chap, you know fully well what information I have and who I got it from, but you are correct I am not involved with the music, however I am involved with the production (work begins next week). I was being generous to CDS, that is all, as they have some of the right information, but ALL in the wrong order as well as some total nonsense. The ONLY reason why CDS has jumped the gun with this at all is that they don't want to be pipped at the post with the info by the big guys. As I told I tried to talk them out of going live with 'their info' but they went ahead regardless. I agree it is incomplete and innacurate- but contains a grain of reality and therefore will probably create more confusion - as I said in reply to their email several times. All the best.

Mbe and fRa like this.
  16. 24db

24db Forum Resident

it's certainly wrong, with some guesswork, but they should have never gone live with the CD by CD breakdown as that element is mostly pure nonsense. I asked them not to got live with it, but hey it's their business. Full and accurate info to follow from Universal at Christmas/New year. IMHO the REAL info is far more exciting than even the CDS 'list' suggests. A must for any TD fan.

17. 24db

24db Forum Resident

To 100% carify this - CDS posted two versions - one had a sentence about what might have been in the boxset (they should have stuck with that) sadly they went down the CD by CD breakdown, and this is mosty ALL wrong.

zphage and fRa like this.
  18. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

The prospect of the release of this box set with SW having had actual access to TD/Virgin's actual archives is really exciting whatever is contained within.
    In particular the heroic fan groups on the net who put together the fantastic live sets which were then partially sourced by the band for the bootleg boxes etc will be delighted that these archives are being opened.
    For years we've been told about the legendary recordings which the band made of concerts, rehearsals etc but it has mostly been quiet on that front in terms of releases. To get some of these time capsules in fantastic quality soon is a mouthwatering prospect.

Robomaks likes this.
  19. 24db

24db Forum Resident

These are direct from Universal's archive (who bought EMI, and who in turn bought Virgin). For me Steven's stuff is the icing on the cake on this set, the real pull is the wealth of unreleased and 'I wasn't even ware of this' material. AFAIK (and it's a generalisation) that Eastgate only have material going back to around LE PARC and the rest (if not held by Universal) has been lost, which is beyond gutting, but perhaps nearer to the reality of it.

zphage and Slim Zooms like this.
  20. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Hope for more studio albums.

klockwerk likes this.
  21. nedwho

nedwho Forum Resident

Very excited for this release - I enjoy their early 70s albums, but the Virgin years represents the core output for me. Wilson’s involvement is the icing on the cake.

Hope we get confirmation of contents soon!

22. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

Beyond gutting....absolutely right there...
    Someone not minding the store...

23. klockwerk

klockwerk Forum Resident

And maybe, just maybe, they can fix the ending of Phaedra, where the sound of children playing should be at the end of Phaedra and not the beginning of Mysterious Semblance At The Strand Of Nightmares (like it has been on every CD).

24. fRa

Well, it's already been fixed, on the latest box set from Virgin
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Virgin-Years-1974-1978-Tangerine-Dream/dp/B004D5H2M2

Slim Zooms likes this.
  25. Robomaks

Robomaks Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.