Steve's Cosmos Factory- Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reidc, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reidc

reidc Senior Member Thread Starter

What a trip. I powered up my turntable for a spin it will never forget! I played my autographed test pressing from Steve of Cosmos Factory.

I can't believe how heavy this thing is- must've used a whole batch of vinyl on this one :righton: . It is just so drop dead quiet and smooth- like Remy Martin Old Pale :)

Steve- thank you for this treasured piece- its been a great day to get intimate with my collection.

Its raining outside- my wife went to work before noon, and won't be home until 10 PM, the twins are working, and the youngest is up in his room gaming. I am sitting in MY room playing MY music with no interruptions- it doesn't get much better than this. Its been such a long time.

Peace and Happy Saturday!
    Chris

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Glad you liked it, Chris.

Thanks for not selling it on eBay.

3. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

What are the sonic differences between this and a U.S. original?

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Heck! What are the sonic differences between this and the SACD? :)

I have both - I should pop downstairs and play them and compare. Either way, I'm keeping the one I like the least as well as my favourite! :D

5. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

Gaaaaaarrrrryyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

One Q at a time old boy! Also, I should hope that the "crappier" (joke, Steve, joke) one will fly by way of Bloor next time yer down here huh?

6. reidc

reidc Senior Member Thread Starter

This piece has no business being on Ebay. I could only imagine it being- dare I say it "STUNNING" by our British friend, and I have no idea how MyMusicRip2 would describe it.

How does it compare to a US origginal- I wouldn't have a clue. Its been so long since I had my WELL WORN original. I remember way back when- there were what- 5 or 6 top 40 hits from this album alone? My parents bought it for me right after it came out- for doig a bunch of yard work. I even remember the price $3.57!!!

How does it compare to other fine versions?? I also played my DCC version(I don't have the SACD of it YET), and other than levels much lower- tonality it appeared very similar to the DCC CD. Admittedly my Phono section needs a LOT of help- it was a hand me down from a friend to replace my B & O. It is a Technics SL-L20. I have no idea of actual condition of stylus or cartridge.

I have the SACD's of CCR and WATPboys. I luv em both- but the nod goes to CCR for sheer impact.

Chris

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Well if it does, it ain't staying long! :D

Actually, that may be a good thing to try out on your system, too! :righton:

Original Canadian LP to DCC? No contest - the DCC! And my Cdn LP is loooong gone, now...

8. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

No Gary. Original U.S. vinyl. I have it on 'scope' right now. (meaning I know where one is...

Post your retort. I have to go out 'cause it is CMW (Canadian Music Week) and I have to see some talent! (living near Lee's Palace means that when I go into the place, my hair is always wet from the shower!)

9. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Have fun! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.