Stevie Ray Vaughn LIVE AT MONTREUX DVD

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by therockman, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

I just picked up this set of DVDs today at my locale Wal Mart and all I have to say is "Wow." These discs sound phenomenal and look great. There are two shows on this set of DVDs, the 1982 and the 1985 shows. This set of discs comes packaged with a real nice booklet that describes the historical overview of these performances. But the sound quality is awesome in 5.1. It is a nice immersive mix that really puts the ambiance all around the room. The best thing of all was the price, $13.88 for a two disc set of some real nice classic rock performances. You can't go wrong.

2. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Hey, I'll have to check that out! Hope it's up here.

Too bad the booing at the first show will be immersive. Betcha those people regret doing that now! :shake:

3. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

The booing isnt too bad. They mostly have a more "reserved" or "Canadian" approach to the band. Both sets are good, but the 82 show is incredible. What bugs me about the 85 show is the horizontal lines that run across the whole screen. It only doesn it with a certain camera or angle, but it is really annoying and it makes it hard to watch.

Did anyone else get a laugh at Stevie's outfit in the 85 show? It looks like Ray Charles dressed him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.