Stevie Wonder just performed at the MTV VMA's

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by bartels76, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

I suffered through over 2 hours of MTV's VMA awards and I finally got a good performance. Alcia Keys came out and Stevie played harmonica on her song and then Stevie kicked into Higher Ground trading vocals w/ Alicia Keys and Lenny Kravitz. It was pretty damn good. At least it wasn't a complete waste of my time.

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Ah, so I missed the one good thing. What a mess, what I actually saw that is.

3. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

I stopped watching those awards when they stopped being fun...somewhere in the 80's. After that, they became more about who can be outrageous and less about the videos. In fact, that's probably when MTV became less about videos. :) I just read online that Kerry's daughters got a major round of boos when they came out to put in a plug for daddy. Is that true? Obviously I didn't see that since I don't watch the awards.
    http://drudgereport.com/kerrymtv.htm

I would watch just to see Stevie Wonder if I didn't have to sit through everything else.

4. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

It was 50/50.

5. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

I wish we could have an awards show where the politics are left out. It's getting ridiculous now.

6. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

My favorite moments:

When Dave Chappelle asked the crowd if there was anything they didn't like, which also got a big round of cheers and woooooo's.

When the Polyphonic Spree lead singer was dangling in mid air and MTV had one of those priceless live television "what do we do next" wide shots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.