Stevie Wonder - Talking book Blu-Ray Pure Audio - dropout?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by clived, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clived

clived New Member Thread Starter

I'm aware there is already a historical thread regarding this release, but as we're no longer anticipating it, hope it's ok if I start a new thread to discuss a particular issue.

I should preface my question by saying I'm a very experienced consumer of high res audio (DVD, DVD-A, HDAD, SACD, downloads and more recently Blu-Ray audio) and I'm also familiar with this album in various guises over the years.

Is anyone else with this disc experiencing any issues with it? On my copy track 9 (Lookin' for another pure love) has a brief but very noticeable audio drop out at approx 1:17. It is present on all three audio tracks and is there playing the disc in my Oppo 105D and having ripped the track to PC.

Interested to hear your experiences.

2. clived

Much to my surprise, this same issue also appears in the WAV download (at 1:15, which is the same point in the track)...

3. clived

Does no-one here own this disc? :)

4. bluejimbop

bluejimbop Thumb Toe Heel Toe

I went back and listened to my 1st issue on CD from Motown. It's there, too.

5. clived

Thanks for checking this out (and sorry for my very slow reply). Interesting that it's on the CD. Has anyone else experienced this drop out on any of their versions of this album?

bluejimbop likes this.
  6. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Off topic, I just played mine today for the first time since it came out. I really like the way this disc sounds! Not murky sounding at all. :agree:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.