Still Out of Print in 2004

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Taxman, Dec 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Albums I'd go for on cd :

the Roy Orbison and Everly Brothers '60's albums that haven't been done yet

the Warren Zevon albums that haven't aren't on cd yet

Soul Surfing by Kai Winding (I keep kicking myself for selling a clean LP about 10 years ago)

5th Avenue Sax by Nino Tempo

and I'd probably rebuy Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen if the albums were released on cd as twofers :)

There's some obscure Canadian artists I'd rebuy if their old albums came to cd : Everyday People; Ken Tobias; Ray Materick, Bim (known now as Roy Forbes)...

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

The Rockets are on Wounded Bird's "Coming Soon" list. How soon is soon, that is the question!

3. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

This is/was available as a Japan import.

4. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

I'll second The Asylum Choir - Look Inside The Asylum Choir and add the following:

Wild Man Fischer - An Evening With Wild Man Fischer

Arch Obler - Drop Dead

The Family Tree - Miss Butters

John Sebastian - John B. Sebastian
    (domestic release)

The Who - Magic Bus (was this released once on CD?)

The Records - The Records/Shades in Bed

Jim Peterik - Don't Fight That Feeling

Orpheus - Orpheus

5. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Really? I missed that one. When did they reissue that Kym? Was that reissued back in the target label era at WEA? ;)

6. vinnie

vinnie Senior Member

Check the Rainmakers website. I belive they sell some of their discs there.
    I'd like to get a copy of their first album, from when they were known as Steve, Bob and Rich. Have never heard that one, or even seen one.

BTW Bob Walkenhorst's solo album is pretty good. :righton:

7. Kym

Kym Former Resident

According to amazon.com, the CD's release date was May 24, 1994, which sounds about right.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't reissued previously during the Golden Age of Targets. ;)

8. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

MCAD-31333. It could be still be in print here in Canada.

:)

9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

The first album titled "Balls" (isn't there a thread about it :) ) is very hard to find. According to the Rainmakers Forum there were only 3000 LP's pressed and they exchange at very high prices. A girl just purchased a copy sealed for a decent price and the fans on the forum are scolding her for opening it. I think I would have done the same :sigh:

I had mentioned before (post 19) that all Rainmakers CD's are now available through the Village Records web page ( The Rainmakers web page will link you to it if you click "Buy This CD"). They have the first CD and test pressings of Tornado for sale.

10. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

That´s correct. In fact I would go so far to say that No fun aloud is actually the most common Glenn Frey CD, at least here in Europe, at the moment. Even saw one in the bargain bin yesterday.

11. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

The Records' Shades in Bed was reissued in the UK with a bunch of bonus tracks. I think it's till in print.

12. bob2935

bob2935 Active Member

The Who's Magic Bus album is cheap and easily available in Canada although I hfear it doesn't sound very good. Speaking of Canadian, it was nice to see EMI release Rock & Hyde's Under The Volcano up here. Now if only Universal would release the Payolas' albums on CD, No Stranger To Danger, Hammer On A Drum etc. Finally, Minnie Riperton, Love Lives Forever, the only album never released on CD. Everything else is available on good-sounding Japanese imports or the UK twofors if you don't mind the NR.
    Bob.

13. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

The complete Allan Sherman catalogue. (Rhino Handmade? Collector's Choice??)

14. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

Except the first album that I mentioned above.

15. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Yeah! Cleveland Rocks baby! :thumbsup:

16. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

I see this one all the time in my local shops. It usually retails for $12.00 new.

17. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Jackie DeShannon's 60's albums

Complete Neil Diamond Bang recordings

18. rjp

rjp Senior Member

terry knight and the pack

19. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Eire Apparent - Sunrise

20. Runt

Runt Senior Member

21. househippie

househippie Forum Resident

Probably all of the interesting Easy Listening titles found on Ford Shacklett's basichipdigitaloddio website (he has a great collection of needle-drop titles)!

22. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Re Eire Apparent - I think Akarma just reissued this on vinyl. Dunno if that's considered a legit release or not, though! Is the Repertoire outta print??

23. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I'd like to have The Higher They Climb The Harder They Fall by David Cassidy on CD.

24. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Julie London's Julie, Swing Me An Old Song (a good version of the real album, I mean!) and Latin In A Satin Mood, among others.

The Great Lost Kinks Album

Pretty much the entire Squeeze catalogue, apart from a few comps. For heavens sake, at least Argybargy and East Side Story ought to be available.

Marshall Crenshaw's Field Day and Downtown, among others.

A particular thorn in my side, The Smithereens Green Thoughts has been MIA from Capitol's catalogue for a few years now. Admittedly, you wouldn't have much trouble finding a used copy somewhere, but it's a sentimental favorite that ought to be out there.

25. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member Thread Starter

Well these two were never in print but were as I recall announced by SONY for 2004: Sly & The Family Stone at the Fillmore, Mahavisnu Orchestra Live in Cleveland as a bonus disc to the rerelease of Inner Mounting Flame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.