Stones reissues cast band in clearer light

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by guy incognito, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

A Reuters article I found on Yahoo.

Article

Some intersting tidbits:

Strangely, the series does not include the group's first two U.K. albums, 1964's "The Rolling Stones" and 1965's "The Rolling Stones No. 2." ABKCO senior vice president Jody Klein said, "It is certainly on the table of things to do."

Similarly, ABKCO is considering issuing some EPs on CD for the first time, though the tracks from those records are available on other releases, such as the 1972 compilation "More Hot Rocks," which is part of the new series...

Additionally, (ABKCO) is finalizing content for a DVD version of the aborted 1968 TV special "The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus," possibly due next year...

Klein's sensitivity fueled the reissue program in the first place. He used to wake up at night in a cold sweat worrying that the Rolling Stones' master tapes might be decaying in the vaults. As it turns out, the tapes were in remarkable shape, but an archiving process was still necessary.

Teams of engineers in Britain and America sifted through miles of tapes, and ABKCO also bought tapes on the black market, hoping (to no avail) they might be original masters.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

It may be still possible that what is happening now (Mad rush to buy the discs) he may still release other Stereo mixes as well, as well as more material that's missing, and enough for several EP/CD singles.

Might not be over yet. Dessert might be on its way.

3. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

I smell money.

Remember how EMI released that nice, black, wooden roll-top box with all the Beatles' cds in it AFTER they released them individually?

I see the same thing here. I Collector's Edition Box with an extra disc or two.

Show me the money!:D

Mud-

4. Evan

Evan Senior Member

Funny, a similar thing happens to me all the time but I worry that the Rolling Stones' and Beatles' master tapes will never be remastered properly by Steve :realmad: :(

5. Sckott

Stereophile had an interesting fact. In the back page, before the cover, there's a story where they mention that the Let It Bleed master (Reel A & B) are compiled and spliced from 3 different kinds of tape. EMI, Scotch and BASF.

6. Matt

Matt New Member

I finally cracked a few days ago and bought the first three SACD's, thinking they'd never release their debut and No. 2 in their UK configurations. Oh well....

7. Sckott

OH, One more thing...Virgin is supposedly looking at this rush of Stones interest on the SACDs. It may be possible that we MAY see selected Stones CDs on SACD/CD Hybrids.

The hammer is Billboard. Once that comes down, you'll hear MORE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.