Stones Singles Collection SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by yellowdog, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowdog

yellowdog Member Thread Starter

Are the mixes used on the SACD the same as the LP issue? Does anyone know which were originally mono and which stereo? I can't remember right off-hand the original singles configurations and I'm feeling too lazy today to research it myself.

2. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

There's been maybe two dozen threads here about that particular title. Just type "Stones Singles Collection" in the search engine and you'll find plenty to digest.

For the basics, let me copy this bit from one earlier thread:

Long story short...the new set is different from the old CD and LP version. It corrects a number of the earlier version's mistakes, and unfortunately adds a few new ones. Overall I'd say it's an improvement and well worth getting if you're a fan.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

A huge improvement! Do an a/b comparison if you have the original Cee Dee set, You'll be amazed...

4. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Agree 100%. The first release of this set was high marks on the concept/potential but low on the results...

Todd

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I alway's thought the Stones recording quality S**ked! After hearing a few of these new SACD's, my opinion changed...Shame it took this long for us to hear them in their proper form!
    The sound quality was all over the place before...Finally almost all in one place now...where they belong!

6. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I've got the original 3 cd set of the Singles collection. I balked at the high price tag for the SACD version. I opted to buy Hot Rocks instead of the Singles collection.

In retrospect I should have picked up the Singles collection instead of Hot Rocks (which I picked up with Let it bleed and beggar's banquet on the day of release).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.