Strange kind of women- Deep Purple tribute band*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jaxjax67, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Jaxjax67

Jaxjax67 Samantha Fish @ small venue Thread Starter

Anyone bump into this Deep Purple tribute band.?
    I watched all I could after they came on my youtube feed. Some of their stuff is really good. The lead singer definitely can let loose. Some of the live vids are rough, but there are ones definitely worth taking a listen/peak at.

2. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

Here ya go, since the OP didn't provide a link.

Jaxjax67 likes this.
  3. evarlam

evarlam Forum Resident

It's interesting that Ian Paice often plays with DP tribute bands, like Purpendicular ( I remember also an Italian one he played with).

Jaxjax67 likes this.
  4. t-man 54

t-man 54 Forum Resident

I would think if it's a deep purple tribute band, ( I'm referring to the first video posted ), they would assume the positions that the actual band plays. I see the bass player is stage right. It sounds to me, they are just playing the music of Deep Purple and nothing else. The singer doesn't even come close to sounding like Ian Gillian or David Coverdale. Just a musical tribute and nothing else. I think there is another Deep Purple tribute band where they actually dress like the mark 2 lineup of the band. Sort of like some of those Beatles tribute bands.

5. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

They don't impress me. But I'm an early Purple junkie.

6. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I've seen some of their performances on youtube. I think the keyboard player was really good.