"Stranger Things" on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by davidshirt, Jul 15, 2016.

1. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I'm at work, and only browsed it briefly. It looks great. I plan to watch it more closely tonight.

2. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Hopefully Blu-Ray in...October?

3. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I loved the first season, and I liked the second. I don't know what it is, I'm just not feeling this one yet. Maybe as time gets closer, I'll get more excited for it.

4. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Good summary based on a trailer I think you nailed it! I'll watch this again tonight on my TV as I didn't catch a lot watching on my laptop. As for the kids it seems that Mike has aged the fastest of the bunch but I have seen him lately in other things (Weezer's "Take On Me" video). And I'll be curious to see if Billy is still a bully or if he comes around a bit and defends the kids this time around. I'd hate to see Jonathan go but your theory would make sense in a story. Also glad to see Steve and Dylan still buds.

Parachute Woman likes this.
  5. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

Can’t wait! I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons.

6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I don't think they'd kill Jonathan. It would be wrong to make that family suffer any further. It wouldn't be a good move for the show.

I'm still hoping they can find a way to bring Bob Newby back! I loved that man. We all did. :cry:

When the series ends Steve should get his own spin-off. He's the man.

And I really hope this crooked Mayor thing alluded to in the trailer isn't some subtle political commentary. Yes, yes, we know all about current events, please stop reminding us with every movie, tv show, record album, Tenacious D, children's books... This show takes place in the 80's and it successful because most people are hungry for an escape. Please don't make it just another soapbox. We have more than enough of those already.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Rufus McDufus likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Gosh no, there couldn't have been crooked politicians in the 1980s. That kind of thing only happens today, right?

EVOLVIST, Rhett, Laservampire and 2 others like this.
  8. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Chicago mayors since 1955.
    (Michael Bilandic's photo is missing, but he was only mayor for a short time after Richard J. Daley died in office.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shawn likes this.
  9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

That's fine, just saying, if this mayor starts talking about building an immoral wall to keep the upside down out of their town my eyes are gonna roll so hard it might do permanent damage.

Lee Davis and Ignatius like this.
  10. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Hey it's the "never let a crisis go to waste" guy. I need a shower.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

New scene is up, but reveals almost nothing about the show...

dougotte, MikeInFla, noname74 and 3 others like this.
  12. Just now saw this, but Jesus Christ every politician is crooked af! I don't think I'm violating forum policy by calling out their skulduggery, in any party, in any country. :shh:

It's like, if you're not crooked enough they'll kill you for it. That's why Nixon walked and Kennedy didn't. :nyah:

Vidiot likes this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Although this has nothing to do with Stranger Things, I've often said that as bad as it was for JFK to be assassinated, it might have been worse if all his affairs (and proof) came out in 1963 or 1964. That would have been a debacle beyond belief... and apparently a lot of the press corps knew about it but just turned a blind eye out of a "gentleman's agreement." I would still vote for a guy like JFK a hundred times before I would... "certain people."

14. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

Awesome homage.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  15. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Billy is the new Phoebe Cates

16. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Good vibes in that clip, though it doesn't feel like Stranger Things at all. Not a big deal though because that was fun.

Is that New Coke just a prop, did they find an old can, or is Stranger Things a big enough deal that they can get Coke to do a limited time re-issue? I haven't tasted New Coke/Coke II for a very long time and I'd love to try it again.

17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

oh. this show is still a thing? hmm, they'd better up the ante on their promotion of it.

18. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

My girlfriend, age 50, thinks the homage is creepy.

19. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Production company must be making millions and still no region 2 BD, stranger things ..indeed.

20. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

[​IMG]

21. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

It sounds like you just might get your chance.

Coca-Cola is bringing back New Coke in honor of 'Stranger Things' - CNN

Ignatius, Vidiot and JAuz like this.
  22. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

23. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

24. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

[​IMG]

dkmonroe likes this.
  25. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Loved the use of Moving In Stereo. Was a cool clip.