Streaming... Which Service & How You Use It

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BILLONEEG, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member Thread Starter

I am a firm believer in owning physical copies but use the digital codes for streaming on VUDU. When I want to play a movie, I play the Blu-Ray or DVD. VUDU is a source of these movies when I'm traveling on vacation. I also buy digital copies of films I don't have yet when the disc version is priced high on amazon. I will watch these movies when I am interested. I've been lucky to find used copies of these movies & buy them at a local "Used Movies" shop & they've been in perfect condition at a cost of 3 for $10. VUDU has a good "Disc To Digital" program for putting your movies without codes on their service. The only drawback is that they (the studios) limit you to 100 per year. I am planning to start scanning the next batch of 100 on January 1st. I have 882 digital copies to stream so I am quite confident I will reach my goal of 1,000 by the end of 2021. I also have 8 complete TV series on VUDU also. TV episodes are easier to watch (for me) on streaming because I can binge without changing discs so that's how I watch them even though I have the disc versions.

How do you all utilize streaming & what service do you use?

2. BILLONEEG

I am bumping this thread up because I think it got burried quickly. I'm also adding something.

One of the things I do is buy used DVD's of classic old movies. The store I go to sells them 3 for $10 or buy 2 get 1 free (still averages $10). When I get home I use the VUDU Disc to Digital program & add them to VUDU (standard definition) for $2. If it's a movie I feel deserves higher definition, I select the HD version for $5. I will always prefer the physical disc but I love having a massive library to stream when on vacation. I am at 928 on my goal to reach 1,000 & I'm happy!

3. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

4. BILLONEEG

Update to my first posting - My goal was to reach 1,000 digital copies on VUDU by the end of 2021 & I'm already past that. After my purchase
    last night my total on VUDU is 1,430 movies (technically more because bundles are counted as 1. The reason for this big jump is because I've
    changed my thinking slightly. I am building two collections. One is the physical media of new releases & special reissues which I prefer. The
    other is a digital library that includes digital copies that come with the DVD's & Blu-Rays, & titles I want that are priced right or go on sale (2
    for $9,99, 3 for $14.99). These digital copies I will still seek out in physical form & buy but I won't have to wait to watch them. Here's what I
    added last night:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.