Strictly for fans of Audio Note UK (all things Audio Note UK)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Richard Austen, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Forum Resident

Dangerous discovery. For your wallet.

Don Parkhurst, BettisDad and jonwoody like this.
  2. BettisDad

BettisDad Forum Resident

Indeed, although I’ll have to make do with the Psu 1 for a while

3. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Going for it?:)

4. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

Drove down and had a short visit with Nick this morning. Placed an order for a Meishu Phono Silver Signature Tonmeister.

5. NapaBob

NapaBob Forum Resident

Always expensive trips ;-) . If you have or are considering one of their balanced DACs, you might consider getting the Tonmeister with a balanced input.

Don Parkhurst and Acapella48 like this.
  6. Acapella48

Acapella48 Forum Resident

Nick and I had that conversation a few months ago. With the exception of a TT3 and very possibly an upgrade to the CD 3.1x/II, no balanced anything in the foreseeable future.

7. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

I like and agree with this observation. My turntable is a different brand, but it’s ability to lift the music up off of the record without any associated noise is amazing. You don’t realize how much other noise is associated with the turntable until you here your records through a very capable top tier turntable. It feels like the music is lifted off of the record with nothing extra, so that you hear it like a master tape or like you are standing in the studio during the recording. I’m told that upgrading my S8 SUT up to the S9 will improve the sound of my IoGold even more, but when do you stop?! I’m already broke!

Sigh...

8. BettisDad

BettisDad Forum Resident

I’ll putting the order in as soon as I finish building my music room. Hopefully late February.

Fred Hansen and Andy Saunders like this.
  9. Mulroydave

Mulroydave Forum Resident

Nice , what cartridge did you audition it with?

10. Musicophile

Musicophile Forum Resident

Congratulation. It is an awesome amplifier, nothing like the regular 300B amp. I just got the message that the DAC4.1 balanced Signature that I ordered many weeks ago is finalized :) I just have to wait for shipment...

11. BettisDad

BettisDad Forum Resident

They had an Iq3 in an Arm 3v2.

They also swapped the umbilical cord from the Psu 4 to a silver version; I have no idea how or why but it seemed to add something I just can’t explain. It was superb!

Mulroydave and Don Parkhurst like this.
  12. slcaudiophile

slcaudiophile Forum Resident

[QUOTE

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

bumping this because i am amazed at how much they can get in a box. the COBRA and 5.1x CD player amaze me.

13. BettisDad

BettisDad Forum Resident

A quick tip for TT3 owners - try your Tt without the motor covers, it makes quite a difference! They’re just push fit so easy to A/b test.

14. Sting334

Sting334 Well-Known Member

Anyone have any idea what is likely to happen to AN prices post Brexit?

15. EricMack

EricMack Forum Resident

Well... looks like Santa PQ dropped by early ;)

16. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

So you're going to leave us all in suspense? :p What did you get?

EricMack likes this.
  17. EricMack

EricMack Forum Resident

Well, I intended to post some pics, but work and toying around with the new amp distracted me from that.
    Let’s see... about 3.5 years ago Peter Q was kind enough to respond to my msgs here regarding a new amp AN was developing. Yes, I patiently waited and today have my first taste of AN gear

Obviously needs to settle in before any true critical listening can begin, but, I will say first impression is very, very good.

kessi, jonwoody, BettisDad and 3 others like this.
  18. EricMack

EricMack Forum Resident

19. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

That looks great first time I've seen the black/copper two tone look!

backeast and EricMack like this.
  20. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica

Congratulations! Ordering AN gear is pretty much the embodiment of "delayed gratification!" I look forward to reading your impressions of the Cobra.

21. EricMack

EricMack Forum Resident

Yeah, I almost wrote it in my will for my son on the chance I checked out before it arrived :biglaugh:

22. fihi

fihi Member

Hello guys, I recently bought a used Oto SE Line and I'm looking for a RIAA to possibly replace my Croft RIAA R. I mostly listen to vinyl and I am not sure the Croft is the perfect match for Oto. It's good and all, but I can't help to think that there are more suitable matches. I've looked at the AN M2 RIAA, which seems like an obvious match. What do you suggest to check out?

23. Tlay

Tlay Forum Resident

I have the M2 RIAA, and it is wonderful. It’s smooth, quiet, dynamic, it just lets the signal flow uninterrupted. It just does what it is supposed to do. I really like it. I use it with the MM IQ3 so they are made for each other. I put in my former phonostage just for kicks and it sounded so grainy in comparison.

Don Parkhurst, jonwoody, fihi and 3 others like this.
  24. Andrew Mackay

Andrew Mackay Forum Resident

Me too....a Cobra or Soro Phono SE Signature are on my hit list for 2021. I'm tempted by the Cobra with, say, a M2RIAA but I'm wondering whether I need three digital inputs as I don't have a DAC, streamer etc. The Soro gets good reviews when paired with AN-Ks and, price-wise, both come out about the same if you dial in the M2RIAA with the Cobra. Hmmmm.

25. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

That's a tough one but a good problem to have. Since you don't need the digital inputs of the Cobra, maybe the SORO Line SE Signature and add the M2RIAA....

Andrew Mackay and slcaudiophile like this.