Stuff you don't need to see on tv...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by beccabear67, May 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

Honestly, I often find myself having some time to "kill", looking at the "video" options, and choosing to play Command and Conquer Generals.:p

Or reading a book. Nonfiction. The older I get, the harder time I have suspending disbelief when watching fiction. I just see them as actors reciting lines.

2. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

I don't want to see a penguin on top of my tele exploding.

3. Vinyl is final

Well, I for one think it's fascinating!

4. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Ha ha hi, have you check your Medicare lately??

Danny Coffin likes this.
  5. Vinyl is final

Heh. I don't even do Medicare. I have type A because it comes as the "free toy in every box of SS", and is about as valuable. :D

Morpheus likes this.
  6. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore. Thread Starter

There are not enough shows with cute animals (minus injury or death involved) on tv for me... the lack of little goats jumping around is probably the fault of all the true crime programs. Yes, I could stream those nicey-nicey 'Too Cute' kittens shows for a third time... but my needs as someone pet-less to be saying 'awww' over and over are just not being met!

I would pay for a channel that was just random half hour blocks of cute animals just doing their thing! As it is I put on channel 165 with scenes from all over the world a lot, just there are not that many animals there.

Curiosity, Ghostworld and Klavier like this.
  7. Gary7704

Gary7704 Chasing that sound….

Kardashians, Plural.

8. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

There are a couple of cute cat and dog channels for free on Pluto TV.

beccabear67 likes this.
  9. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

:laughup:

10. Rich-n-Roll

[​IMG]

Danny Coffin and Michael like this.
  11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks I like it!

Danny Coffin and Rich-n-Roll like this.
  12. Rich-n-Roll

Your welcome can't stand the Oscars either, people actual have parties around Oscar night

13. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yea...people will party over anything! ; )

Rich-n-Roll likes this.
  14. beccabear67

At one time I would've said The Simpsons, it seemed to be on every other channel, but I haven't been running into so often, or Seinfeld for that matter. I used to wonder why anyone would buy either on DVD as they seemed to be available so readily.

15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Ads for prescription drugs. All day. And they always say:"Ask your doctor." Well, let those guys watch 'em!

Chris DeVoe, Scott57 and Stencil like this.
  16. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

That's pretty cool... I don't know if I could ever pull up stakes like that, but with a scenario like that, I can see why people would.

17. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Complete, uncut episodes was a big reason I bought them... Plus, there are the 'extras' on the individual seasons too, stuff you don't get on TV broadcasts.

As far as 'The Simpsons', now that Disney owns the Fox properties, I think they're only on Disney owned networks now, such as FXX or their streaming service...

18. Looking for precious metals is part science (used to find plausible spots to dig) and mostly work because it takes work to dig.
    The extra fake drama revolving around all the other BS I have no time for.

Cooking competitions can be interesting if you understand what they are doing, get some information about the whats and whys concerning the things being cooked (cooking is a chemestry assignment when broken down) and if the hosts and contestants are interesting.....But again, the fake drama pushed with unrealistic time limitations or what seem to be specifically chosen drama rich contestants is tiresome.

The shows about searching for cryptids?....Man, those make me scratch my head.
    The only thing interesting to me concerning this type of show is the length of time some of them run....many seasons even.
    It is a never ending snipe hunt and I wonder who in the heck keeps coming back to watch more.

Ohh, I heard a twig snap out there in the woods...see that proves Sasquach is out there right now.
    There!....listen, right there. Hear that? that is the sound of a Chupacabre taking down a deer....Scary huh?
    HEY! OVER HERE! Guys, look, look right here. This is the footprint we have been searching for and it proves they do roam in these here parts.........
    That stuff is fun, and a great game to play with some...for a little while, but eventually even the 8 year olds figure out there is nothing to be found. This whole scheme is a fake to get us out and about to get some exercise, get us tired, get us hungry.....so we go to sleep tonight in order for the camp counselors to have 15 minutes peace.

The cryptid stuff, at least for me, has reached a zero interest point. I don't think this kind of stuff should be banned, outlawed or any other thing like that so keep having imaginary fun for each new generation....There is merit in that.
    But for the perennial return players....Those who take things seriously and try to foist some scientific weight upon us.......well.....

hi_watt likes this.
  19. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

David Ortiz and Alex Rodriguez

Mark E. Moon. likes this.
  20. beccabear67

The thing is most 'reality' programs and 'clips' shows (top tens of whatever), unlike quality documentaries, are relatively cheap and quick to make. They have multiplied in number mostly because of those factors and the odd ones which actually bring in viewers. They can crank out dozens with the most unlikely seeming premises to grab at least an initial look, and maybe one will do okay and might even be the rare hit.

21. Animals mating or giving birth.
    Also old people mating or talking about mating.

22. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

If you're going to take away "old" people talking about mating, then the young have to go also.
    Fair is fair, no?

23. Vinyl is final

My description: Moving here was the closest I could get to the advantages of expatriating without actually leaving the country. Cars are just as expensive as everywhere else, though. That's why "salvage title" cars are huge here, while in Seattle, BECU won't even loan money on one.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  24. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

In light of recent programing, I'll add aging man penises to the list.

Jazzmonkie and audiomixer like this.
  25. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

I shouldn’t really have brought up the subject as it’s frowned upon discussing specific firearms and their use here. I apologize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.