Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Styrene LPs...........

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tetrack, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Forum Resident

It's worth tracking down UK pressings of the Decca era Peggy Lee & Ella albums. Beautiful pressings, attractive laminated sleeves and can be had cheap in great condition when they do show up, which admittedly isn't often in excellent or better condition.

eddiel likes this.
  2. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

I've been listening to both since first recorded. Both have a groove and come from a similar era of popjazz. But the same-nope!

3. Not identical, as they are played with a different style or arrangement, but the 2 recordings have more in common than George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" compared to "He's So Fine". Wes Montgomery's song is closer to Viva Tirado than many of the SESAC background music songs, which were written to give a familiarity sound with a known song.

4. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

I have a few stock Columbia red label LP's that are styrene pressings, judging from the dates on the covers 1953-4.
    Of all things one was a Masterworks LP...........on styrene? What were they thinking. All are pressed in Bridgeport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.