Sundazed Just Repressed "The Highwayman" Album. Cash, Waylon, Willie & Kris

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Myke, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

From Facebook :

" The man in black, back in black! And he’s got a few other icons with him. Frequently referred to as "the Mount Rushmore of country music," The Highwaymen--Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Kris Kristofferson were American country music's first bona fide supergroup, an epic quartet comprised of the outlaw country genre's pioneering stars. Now back in stock! "

Mastered by Bob Irwin / Lacquer Cut by Kevin Gray

Highwaymen, The - Highwayman - LP

Discogs : Waylon Jennings • Willie Nelson • Johnny Cash • Kris Kristofferson - Highwayman

Originally, the Discogs page had the late Denny Purcell as the mastering engineer, which he was for the original 1985 release. I asked Sundazed who actually did theirs, then set about correcting the Discogs page.

The only place I found copies was at the Sundazed site, at least for now. I missed this 3 years ago, so I'm happy to have grabbed one now !

noname74, Reese and PhantomStranger like this.
  2. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

I'll remain content with my original, but this is an album both scarce enough and influential enough to be a no-brainer reissue.

Myke likes this.
  3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I hope they (or someone) can one day issue "The Road Goes On Forever" on vinyl!

Myke likes this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Originals aren't that scarce and they're more likely 100% analog.

5. Myke

These days, I'd just as soon have a nice, clean reissue, cut by a favorite mastering engineer, than an original, that's growing older by the day, and making me wonder how does Kevin's sound ?
    Electric Warrior
    is a great example of this, even if the genres of music are worlds apart.

6. Myke

And since I chose Priority, after my recent nightmares w/Media Mail, it's already actually in transit, and expected here Saturday.

7. Myke

Turns out this is my first *Highwaymen* on vinyl. Everything else is on dem shiny discs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.