Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Sunrise Records Canada - New Stores opening thread.

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by jimod99, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Wouldn’t be surprised if Sunrises start closing in BC. Heard they’re really struggling. Major problems getting new releases, special orders, and restock of back catalogue.

2. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Hope not, though with everyone being told to stay close to home I imagine business has suffered.
    I haven’t been to my local Sunrise in a couple of months at least

3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Forum Resident

Unlike other provinces and government rules, the BC stores have been open for over a year.

I'm still getting most of what I want for a handful of new releases I seek out. All music stores have stock issues at the moment so other non- chain stores don't have a huge leg up. I still see 70% of what I think should be on the new rack.

Whenever I go to Sunrise, I still have to wait a minute or two outside for someone else to leave and it's a 10 person limit. I visited the 4 other Sunrises on the outskirts of Vancouver last year and it was never more than 3-4 people in them.

I'm not even sure Lindon Drugs is even trying with new releases other than the one-off ACDC sized promo pushing the new album.

4. Jethro B Good

Jethro B Good Well-Known Member

Coquitlam BC (Vancouver area) store is not too bad. Limited stock , but actually ok for jazz. Unfortunately staff either aren't happy to converse or have limited knowledge. I see potential though. Prefer Apollo music day to day.