Sunrise Records - Warner Music Canada CD prices higher than usual

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by DIDXDIDP, Jun 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIDXDIDP

DIDXDIDP Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Warner Music Canada has the highest prices for their CD's especially at Sunrise Records in Canada

I am not sure if Warner Music Canada are pricing these at a high cost or if it is actually Sunrise.
    Mostly likely is that Warner Music Canada has their discs manufactured in Mexico and that is what
    is driving up production costs. Meanwhile, Universal Music Canada also has their discs manufactured in
    Mexico and are not pricing them at high rates. (both through Technicolor)

These are Canadian artists as well.

"Inside" by Mother Mother - $20.99

"Heart On My Glass" by Meghan Patrick $17.99

....and there's more than just these two!

I hope that this is not a growing trend. I can not imagine Universal Music Canada pricing their CD's at the same
    price points as Warner Music Canada does. Hopefully they never merge.

Sony Music Canada utilities The ADS Group facility out of Minnesota in the U.S. (since spring 2018) and their prices are fairer.

2. Canuck80sGuy

Canuck80sGuy Forum Resident

I've been seeing the price increases as well; I also had to wait to pick up Gary Numan's latest release "Intruder" as it did not arrive at Sunrise on its May 21 release date. The store clerk I usually order my CDs from mentioned there was a delay as Warner and Sunrise were in 'negotiations' and product was being delayed. I hope that isn't indicative of anything with Sunrise as there are no physical stores left standing that sell what I'm interested (most of the independents here are primarily vinyl which won't work for me given I've never owned a turntable in my life).

I finally was able to pick up Numan's CD on Jun-20 so almost a full month delay.

3. Michel_LeGrisbi

Michel_LeGrisbi Far-Gone Accumulator ™

yeah....I'd guess the average LP after tax is $40

4. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

5. DIDXDIDP

DIDXDIDP Well-Known Member Thread Starter

It seems you're right. A bunch of Warner titles trickled in a few weeks or a month later...

Lots of Warner late arrivals shown here - [​IMG] 205603950 136827248539771 4565432846699014703 n — Postimages

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.