Super Deluxe Edition Pre-orders Disappearing Much Quicker From Amazon US

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by veon, Sep 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veon

veon Forum Resident Thread Starter

In the last week pre-orders for The Cult’s Sonic Temple set, David Bowie’s Conversation Piece set, Prince’s 1999 set, The Doors Soft Parade set, Muses’ Origins of Muse set, and the Kinks’ Arthur set have all became unavailable. I know production of physical products is declining, but I would have thought some of these sets wouldn’t be sold out already (especially the Bowie and Prince boxes). It’s bizarre that the other Amazon sights still have these sets listed. Any thoughts?

2. bluej

bluej Senior Member

I'm thinking it might be some kind of error, because it's not just the super deluxe sets; for example, if you search "Prince 1999 deluxe," NONE of the forthcoming reissues are available, including the vinyl or the 2-CD version.

(I'm hoping it's just an error, because I still need to order some of these!)

3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Bowie Storyteller Vinyl no longer available either. Thinking it's just a mistake. But it does make me slightly nervous (my pre-order is still alive and well).

4. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Maybe its related to getting this to you on release date? I assume there is only so many boxes that can fit on a truck at any given time before going overboard with costs.

5. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Right now I don’t think you can order
    Jethro Tull 40th anniversary Stormwatch cd book set. I preordered and says delivery pending. Comes out in October.

6. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

might they not be disappearing simply because initial allotments are selling out?

7. MaestroDavros

MaestroDavros Forum Resident

This has been a widespread problem with Amazon US preorders of late in general, not just super deluxe editions.

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  8. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Funny - I noticed the same thing over the past few weeks. A lot of my pre-orders for items mentioned no longer have a release date, and can't be pre-ordered. Since I pre-ordered those items weeks ago, my order still stands - but without a delivery date.

9. veon

veon Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.