Survivor All-Stars ***SPOILERS if you haven't seen the final episode yet***

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris R, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

****SPOILER*****

Boston Rob should have won. This guy played the game tough, won immunity challenges, and was the best strategist. But yet again, the person who played the best game, didn't win.

2. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

There were some grudges against Rob, but since they're now going to get married, he'll still get some of the money anyway. They had a deal to split the money regardless apparently.

Evan

3. Chris R

Evan, we agree with you, and had a discussion here about that, a couple of times during the final few episodes. However, it was our understanding based on what Jeff Probst said on a previous Survior finale, that this was not possible.

Probst told the cast members and the studio audience that there are two main Survivor rules.

1. You cannot physically fight with anyone during the 39 days.
    2. You cannot conspire with another contestant to split the million dollars.

Who knows? A contestant could secretly conspire with another. Then quietly split the money several months later or a year down the road. Who would know? Could CBS be allowed to keep tabs on your bank accounts?

4. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Yes, but if Amber waits, say, six months down the road....what can they do about? Mark the money? Especially if they get married first, there is probably nothing CBS can do about it.

They advertised a "shocking" end to Survivor:All-Stars("We guarantee it!"). I didn't see anything shocking. What's up with that? Was it Rob and Amber getting married? BFD.....

Evan

5. chrischross

chrischross New Member

Sweeeeet!!!

You just save me a couple of hours of having to watch that drivel. Off to the listening room!

6. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Mail your kickbacks to.... :D

Evan

7. Chris R

********MORE SPOILERS*********

The shocking end was possibly this other $1 million that we the voters will give to one of the 18 castaways. I bet it's going to go to Rupert, one of the contestants I was never a fan of. If I were to vote, it would go to Boston Rob. My girlfriend feels the same way. As Richard Hatch said to Lex and the others, "It's a game." Rob played it the best.

Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich during the final live hour of Survivor All-Stars. For those who haven't heard, Rob asked Amber on live TV, if she would marry him. She said yes.

Then the votes were read. Amber won the $1 million, in a vote of 4 - 3. Lex, Alicia, Tom, and Shii Ann voted for Amber. Kathy, Jenna and Rupert voted for Boston Rob. Because Amber had already won a vehicle, she was asked to give it to one of the others. She of course gave it to Shii Ann, who really was the swing vote. Shii Ann had said if Rob had taken Jenna Lewis to the final 2, she would have voted for Rob. The rest said their votes would have stayed the same.

Attached Files:

8. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I disagree. Amber played the best game. Even though Rob was portrayed as the godfather, Amber apparently was an equal part of their strategy decisions. AND, she was smart enough to stay in the background and let Rob take all the heat for voting people off. That's good strategy on her part.

9. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

My wife and I were rooting big time for Rupert, and will vote for him to win the second million. However, I predicted a few weeks ago that Amber would win. I figured that Rob would scheme them both to the final two, and he just would not get the votes. That's was by far the nastiest final tribal council ever on the show. And, how about Jerri walking out of the live show during the commercial break?!

10. Chris R

Point well taken. So what appears to be emerging based on your analysis, and what happened in the previous Survivor, Pearl Islands is this. The winner of the series, basically stayed under the radar the whole way through, by sticking with an alliance or alliances that let others take the heat. Friends and I felt that Sandra, who won Pearl Islands was the least deserving of the final 4, or 8 for that matter.

Could make for some potentially boring Survivors in the future.

Your winner, Amber Brkich.

Attached Files:

11. Sput

Sput Boilerphile In Memoriam

I watched the first and most of the last episode (Sopranos started) and was left with the feeling that Rob and Amber were the Mallory and Mickey (Natural Born Killers) of Survivor.

12. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

So the "shocking ending" must be the revelation of CBS giving another $1,000,000 to another contestant. I'll vote for Kathy O'Brien, since she's a local lady livng here in Burlington, Vermont. Rupert will probably win, however.

Amber made out like a bandit! A million dollars, a fiance, and a car! She's a babe too....

Evan

13. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Can you blame her, after the huge chorus of booing she got simply for opening her mouth? Others got cheered or booed for what they said. She got booed before she even had a chance to say anything.

14. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I haven't watched the finale yet, but regrettably found out the winner in advance of watching my video, so thought I'd go ahead and read this thread. I disagree with the assertion that Boston Rob should have won over Amber. One of the criteria of the game, as established by the use of the jury, is how each player treats his fellow player while trying to win. Rob was a complete ***, backstabbing and lying as it suited his purposes. I still can't figure out why the other players let the Amber-Rob tandem continue through to the end (big Tom was a big ******* not working with Rupert and Jenna to break up the team the night he was voted off), but certainly understand why the other players didn't see fit to give Rob the big bucks based on the way he played the game.

15. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Rob played a good physical game, winning immunity for his tribe and himself repeatedly, but his strategic end-game was all messed up. He alienated fully half of the jury who would be voting for the final two and knew he was doing it all along. Whether or not they were justified in feeling so betrayed didn't matter, having them all pissed at you simply made it easier for whoever came in second to take the million dollars. All he had to do was coddle one or two of them a little bit earlier and he would have had the swing votes needed to take it.

16. TSmithPage

The more I think about it, Rob may be the single most unlikeable participant of Survivor, or at least challenging Johnny Fairplay from last season. I would have loved to see the two of them duke it out on the same show.

17. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

If you want to see some funny stuff from this group, go to cbs.com and check out their quick clips on why they should each get the other $1 million prize. ****SPOILER ALERT****A few even say "give it to Rupert."

18. Chris R

Oh God, I hope Rupert doesn't win the million. :rolleyes:

19. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

I vote Rupert. He did two survivors back to back. Nice guy.

I think editing has a lot to do why Boston and Amber ended up on top, or the others were just that stupid. :sigh:

20. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Boston Rob was lucky to start off on by far the stupidest of the three all star teams. He would not have gotten nearly as far if he'd been placed on one of the other two teams. Tom, Alicia, Sue... not a lot of intellectual candlepower there, frankly. The best move Boston Rob made was voting off Rob C, the only intelligent person on his team, right away. Then he was able to lead the others around by the nose until the merge.

21. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Boston Rob played a great game and gets the very beautiful Amber who is now a millionair!:thumbsup:

I thought the surprising twist would be that Amber is revealed as a die-hard Yankee fan :D

22. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Anyone watch Amber on Letterman Monday night? Boy, talk about a train wreck interview!

Evan

23. TSmithPage

Yeah, other than the fact he seemed to want to jump her bones, he didn't seem to know what to do with her, and of course, she was no help. Isn't she one of the first Survivors he's allowed in the studio? Usually, he just interviews them remotely at Ruperts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.