Survivor: Ghost Island

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rjp, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

2. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

I was happy to see Kellyn go. She wasn't an awful person, but was just sort of grating after a while. Donathan really didn't endear himself to anyone this week either. He did his best to make himself a target, at a point when nobody was really targeting him.

3. Nightfly68

I was convinced last night that Donathan wanted to go home. He needs to dial it back quite a bit if he wants to advance in the game. I'm glad Kellyn was voted out too. Just wasn't really a fan of hers.

4. Nightfly68

rburly likes this.
  5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Good article. Is it just me or doesn't Probst usually call the winner as soon as it happens? That was a huge challenge even though it didn't change the voting. It seems to me that Probst always calls the winner as soon as they complete it. I think I always thought they had "spotters" helping him with the winner. I thought Wendell got screwed on that call. Fortunately, it didn't effect the TC.

applebonkerz likes this.
  6. Nightfly68

Probst usually does call it but he just didn't see Wendell. Wendell should have yelled out as soon as he was done. Next week is going to be really interesting.

7. rburly

Wendell stepped back when he was done. Probst should have been paying attention to Wendell and Laurel (or Yanni ;)). There wouldn't have been an issue with the winner. It seems to me Probst always calls the winner as soon as it happens.

Nightfly68 likes this.
  8. Nightfly68

Probst should have been paying attention to Wendell and Laurel (or Yanni ;)).

LOL!! Nice!!

GLENN likes this.
  9. Nightfly68

10. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

finale tonight! who wins? my odds:

Donathan 1000/1
    Angela 1000/1
    Sebastion 1000/1
    Laurel 50/1
    Wendell 2/1
    Dom even money

i'll pick odds on Dom

11. Nightfly68

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

interesting finale.

the tie was evident as soon as probst said he would read the votes right then.

dom should have won, he actually played a better game than wendell over the long haul.

angela acted almost as if she didn't want to win, odd odd odd.

donathon might just be the worst survivor ever to get so far in the game, useless, totally useless. (even more than snadra)

overall quite possibly the single worst season ever.

rumors of a season 40 of all winners......if they can find 20 who will compete. (be kind of neat if both rob and amber give it a go)

Tree of Life likes this.
  13. GlamorProfession

well they finally get a tie! and now it makes sense to me why they have an even number on the jury (10) so that if they ever have a tie, the 3rd place person casts the deciding vote. pretty fascinating the way it played out.

i guess we'll never know but i think Dom may have lost a vote or two when he backpedaled on his move he made to dodge Sebastian's play to get him out. he didn't need to apologize for it and talk about how "distasteful" it was. i liked Wendell and Dom so i'm happy with either winning but i thought Dom played a slightly better game.

on to David vs Goliath :-popcorn:

freditor likes this.
  14. rburly

They’ve already had tryouts for Survivor here in the area.

The most forgettable season for me.

15. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

pretty cool final survivor, can't believe Sea Bass was so upset over Dom out-witting and out-playing him. He had no one but himself to blame for not playing his advantage, especially since that was the last time he could use it anyway. Both Dom and Wendell deserved to be in the final, but Dom should've won it all. Just glad it wasn't somebody who didn't deserve it like Adam Klien... I stopped watching the show for a few seasons after that finale.

GlamorProfession likes this.
  16. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

The final was probably the best and most compelling of the whole season--too little too late though. Once again there are too many jury members who can't think or vote rationally for the person who played the most impressive game whether they are likable or not. At least Wendell was deserving to be in the final, and seems like a good guy, but Dom should have won. I didn't like him from the beginning, I still don't like him, but he should have won.

17. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Like many, I thought either Dom or Wendell were deserving, but I give the edge to Dom for having played a better game. Wendell was maybe a little better at challenges, but Dom was better at overall strategy.

I wished that had Dom taken on Wendell for the fire-making challenge. It would have made for one final battle between the two most deserving players, with the winner (most likely) taking all. Let's face it, neither Angela or Laurel were threats for the final vote. Indeed, for having been in the military, I though Angela was a pretty weak player who performed terribly at most challenges... often falling behind Donathan. Unless it came to eating bugs, she was no threat at all.

18. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

I see Dom and Wendell as both worthy, (although Dom belittling Sebastian for trying to play at tribal was pretty sh***y. agree the season on a whole was way too predictable and boring (ps if you want good survivor, track down Australian Survivor Season 2 (2017) amazing stuff. and Survivor NZ going on right now as well

19. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

I actually thought this season was ok and the finale was really interesting. BUT - it all seemed so rushed. Do a challenge, go straight to tribal council, go immediately into another challenge then go directly to tribal council, etc. Little to no player interaction in between. Then a quicky reunion show with half of it filled with superfluous nonsense. I'm sorry but I don't give a crap about Kevin Hart or his stupid new show.

Lastly, I like Wendell but Dom should have won. But like Dom, as soon as I heard Laurel was to be the tie breaker I knew he was toast. Another bad decision by a bunch of short-sighted, butthurt jurors.

20. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Sea Bass turned into Emo Fish at the end. His final tribal argument was hilarious, mad at Dom for outsmarting him while admitting he intended to vote Dom out. I got a chuckle out of it.

Yep, as others said - kind of a boring season but of course the end was watchable. Dom should have won but Wendell was likable and a close 2nd. I think Dom felt a little cheated, so another point in his favor for playing it cool at the reunion.

Sure hope they get back to 3rd-world conditions and everyone really suffering. Good old days.

Nightfly68 and freditor like this.
  21. GlamorProfession

he was terrible. he never made any kind of move at all and when he finally had a chance to make a move, he got outsmarted.

asdf35 and rburly like this.
  22. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

As much as I would like to see that happen, those days are long gone and will never return. After some medical evacuations in prior seasons, they are now taking it easy on the players. The CBS lawyers and management don't want to see any players injured on the show. While I'm sure most players sign away their right to sue CBS for injuries, illness, or death, it still could generate bad publicity if a player were to die on the island.

23. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

Sad isn't it?

Alone is the one show where surviving is hard....ever see it?

This season it's in Mongolia

LOL...Freaking Mongolia!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.