Survivor Season 35: Heroes Vs. Healers Vs. Hustlers

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

2. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

come on in guys!

wanna know what you're playing for?

xdawg likes this.
  3. John54

John54 Senior Member

This season should be abbreviated for all time as Survivor: 3H

I'm just waiting for someone to respond, "No, Jeff, I really couldn't care less, it's going to suck because I'm stranded on this island in the middle of nowhere with eighteen morons"!

GlamorProfession and xdawg like this.
  4. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

That was possibly the most ridiculous idol yet. If you don't lose the challenge you have to give it to someone on the losing tribe that might be at a disadvantage. After three days you'd barely know what was going on on your own tribe much less the other ones. Also seems like some forced drama right off the bat. Not a great start but hopefully it will improve.

xdawg likes this.
  5. xdawg

I thought it gave the Bell Hop a chance to weaken the Heroes tribe. He gave it to whom he perceived to be the weakest member of that tribe. As it turned out, it didn't matter in that regard. It will also give him a small amount of useful intel if he finds out the immunity wasn't played. He'll realize that the Financial Analyst lady is a stronger player than he thought based on his quick observations. Still, I agree that it was a pretty big lot of nothing.

6. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

i think we can expect several different types of idols throughout the season.

is Alan really that paranoid? is he playing an angle? cuz it doesn't look good for him. i don't know, maybe he's crazy like a fox.

xdawg likes this.
  7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

editing can do lots of things.

so far:

i figure they will stay 3 tribes for all of about 3 - 4 weeks

no one stands out yet a a clear favorite for me.

agreed on the advantage for last night, basically stupid, can't think of any other word to use.

xdawg likes this.
  8. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

The idol last night could have been good under the right circumstances and person having it. It could have even been good in the hands of the woman who ended up with it if she would have just got together with the Olympics woman to vote out Alan. I suppose she didn't do anything figuring that it was safer to not call extra attention to herself, but she is mostly toast on that team either way.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i think that it was obvious from her vote that she teamed up with the other 4 to take the easy road with no controversy.

but i agree with you, she and the one voted out could have easily voted for the football player, but then she still have been on the short end of a 3- 2 vote, even though she is now on the shorter end of a 4 - 1.

xdawg likes this.
  10. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

On another site folks were suggesting that she could also use it as a "fake" immunity idol later on. It would certainly look real.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    xdawg likes this.
  11. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I too was surprised she didn't use the idol on Kat since they had bonded on being the odd man/woman out but the next week preview showed her plotting with the cowboy so it looks like she saw a crack in the alliance and figured that was a better way to go. Of course, he could be playing her so we shall see. Too early to declare any favorites. No one is jumping right out of the gate as a true blue hero or uber villain. Yet.

xdawg likes this.
  12. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

thought shed use the idol too, anyways too early to have an opinion of anyone, WERES the 24/7 feed, actually this show could do 2 episodes a week, give us a little more insight whats happening

xdawg likes this.
  13. xdawg

I think she was the only one to get another vote. If she had used the idol for the other lady, she would have been gone.

14. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

Oh didnt realize the other vote was for her. I was thinking she didnt use it just in case those last 2 votes were for her

xdawg likes this.
  15. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure it was Ashley who got the other vote. It came from Kat and the idol could be used after the votes were read so she was in no danger.

xdawg likes this.
  16. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

The other vote was for Ashley, not Chrissy. But I still think she was wise not to play the idol. Aside from the fake idol possibility, it may seem like on paper Chrissy is at a 4-1 disadvantage, but that's clearly a fractured foursome. She could easily find herself as the swing vote next time the Heroes have to vote someone out.

Premiere was ok. Nothing special.

Kyhl and xdawg like this.
  17. xdawg

I'm horrible with names.

18. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Don't feel bad. They were both blondes. And lots of folks on other boards have made the same mistake. Now what about crazy eyes Alan?

xdawg and Kyhl like this.
  19. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

So far, my early money is on Chrissy, if this tribe doesn't self implode. It was a good move not to use the idol.

Watching Alan and what he did to the tribe I do not understand what the tribe is thinking. Season after season there is a tribe that cannot work together and they end up returning to tribal over and over because they do not unite against the chaos. When this happens Probst always flat out tells the tribe after their vote but they never get it. I don't understand why a tribe would keep the chaos and paranoia person.

I don't think it was an editing trick either because his actions match his bios.

xdawg likes this.
  20. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Chaos makes for great drama. What bugs me is it seems time and time again, the black man or woman is the source of discord. Do they cast for that or WTF? And the Asian woman is usually harsh and brittle. I know other folks mirror these qualities too but since they're generally in the minority, it really sticks out. Stereotype much?

xdawg likes this.
  21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

always always always remember the editing with survivor.

72 hours whittled down to 1, and it's TV, and they have a very distinctive way of spinning things on survivor......a half hour into episode 1 they wanted you to think allen was crazy and would be the first to go home....and he didn't get a single vote.

survivor producers and editors re the masters of deception.

xdawg likes this.
  22. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Yes, the editing makes a big difference. They show us what they want us to see in 60 minutes from 72 hours of footage.

23. John54

John54 Senior Member

If Chrissy uses the idol at tribal council out of the blue, she marks herself right off the bat as someone who is willing to be secretive and therefore never to be completely trusted. Better to keep it to herself.

She's getting enough air time already that I don't think she will last very long, unfortunately.

24. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

What I didn't understand is why she didn't throw that idol out there. It could only be used that TC. Yes she has a target on her back for quite a while, or as long as she lasts.

25. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

And she's the only one on her tribe that knows that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.