Survivor: Season 37 "David Vs. Goliath"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

nah, mike has been the true mastermind....orchestrating the davids self demise.....

2. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

Yeah, that was a bummer. I'm happy that Davy played his idol for himself though.

3. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

This was a very enjoyable season. I have no problem with Nick winning.

4. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Agree. Out of the last group left he was the only one that should have won in my opinion, so I'm happy it worked out right for him. Very telling the two out of three who didn't vote that way--still staying with that Goliath mentality even though the actual full Goliath-Archetypes ended up voting sensibly. Then there was Christian...who the heck knows what he was mumbling about Mike, but I'm sure glad that Mike didn't win. I sort of liked Mike for a brief time early on, but the longer he was there he just grated on me and I started to not be able to stand him even being on screen time.

5. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I am with those of you who were glad to see Nick win. I wanted Davie to win at the start last night, but once he went out, I was rooting for Kara or Nick. Mike grated on me near the end as well. Angelina was as awful as most she said was, which is why she got dragged to the finals as the finalist that you know you can beat, and then she predictably got no votes.

This is the first season I have watched in quite a few years and I was a bit bummed at a few things they changed. I like the jury questions at the end when each one steps up to take the turn rather than it being a whole group discussion. And not sure I like the fire challenge to eliminate someone once down to 4.

rburly and xdawg like this.
  6. applebonkerz

I agree with you about giving each juror a chance to do their own thing to help make up their minds. I disagree on the fire-making challenge, that has been a very welcome change the past few seasons. As long as they still insist on having a final 3 instead of 2, the fire-making challenge to determine the 3rd actually brings it back to basic survival skills again. For me, anyone that is incapable of making a fire on Survivor doesn't deserve to win, no matter how well they may do other parts of the experience. I was so happy when the show changed to that type of ending challenge.

The other advantage is that gives the actual good survival person--who up until that point may have been the deserving front-runner-- a good shot to remain in the final running. Even if a weaker person happens to win the final immunity and as in the past then tries to load the final 3 up with goats and kicks out the strongest deserving person, this way that person has a fair shot at still winning the game.

xdawg likes this.
  7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

didn't like nick at all.

oh well.

next season looks pretty good, another chance for joe to win the million.......we'll see how much they favor him right off the bat.

anyone got a date for the premier yet?

8. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

good for Nick. i would've voted for him out of the final 3 for sure. Mike played a good social game but i just didn't like him very much. and Angelina - wow, she's just so full of it. "being a woman of color..." huh? climbing a 100 feet up the cliff?? get real girl. no surprise that she got zero votes. total phony.

GLENN, Kubricker and applebonkerz like this.
  9. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

haven't heard but it's usually late February.

10. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

Bring back Coach and Russell Hantz!

11. applebonkerz

No thank you. o_O

12. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I said to my wife, "what color is she?"

rburly and BeatleBruceMayer like this.
  13. BeatleBruceMayer

BeatleBruceMayer Forum Resident

Great season. I enjoy every season, but this one was the best since Millennials v. Gen X.

I don't like the idea of mixing new players with old, but I'm sure it will be entertaining.

14. rjp

rjp Senior Member

do we know?

15. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I believe her true color is "obnoxious self-importance."

Tree of Life likes this.
  16. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I cared enough to look at her bio. It says she's Latino. Aren't we all pretty much shades of brown?

17. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I for one, really, really enjoyed this season of "Survivor".

Imo, it was the best season in a very long time.

Just about every one of the top ten had good game play as far as trying to progress further into the game.

I was rooting for Davey, that guy is funny! I was sad to see him go but knew it was coming.

The final three IMO, where ALL deserving of "Lone Survivor". Say what you want, Angelina did what she had to do to even reach the final three. Just like Christian stated during Tribal Council.."What? you mean we lie to one another?"

Nick deserved the win, I certainly would have voted for him

xdawg and GLENN like this.
  18. mace

mace Forum Resident

Very good season.

Glad Nick won, he was my second behind Christian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.