Suzy and The Red Stripes

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HearHear, Jun 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HearHear

HearHear Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Suzie? Who's that? She's AKA Linda McCartney, Paul's wife. Now I'm a huge Beatles fan, Paul in particular, but honest to God I never heard of Suzy and The Red Stripes until just a few weeks ago. When Paul along with Linda formed the band Wings after the Beatles breakup, Paul's publisher was complaining that Linda should not be credited with co-writing as she really wasn't a songwriter. So to prove them wrong, Linda (along with Wings) temporarily formed "Suzy and The Red Stripes". She wrote a song in 1972 called "Seaside Woman" under the name Suzy and The Red Stripes. So what kind of song does the wife of a Beatle write? Rock? Jazz? Country? no to all three... the song was Reggae. Another surprise! "Seaside Woman" is a very catchy Reggae tune she wrote in '72....However, it wasn't officially released as a single until 1977 for some reason. The flipside or B-side to the record is sort of a Reggae/rock/bluesy song called "B-Side to Seaside". Now for some reason, I can't stop listening to it. Rest in peace, Linda. Your music lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.