T2: Which version is best?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by freeflyt, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeflyt

freeflyt Active Member Thread Starter

It appears that there are now 3 versions of T2 on DVD; The THX version, the Ultimate version, and the Extreme version. My local used disc emporium is charging almost twice as much for the THX version over the other two versions. So my question becomes, does the THX version offer the best picture/sound, or is there something else going on here?

Steve

2. Drew

Drew Senior Member

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

If you don't own any, get the "Extreme Edition"...best quality so far:)
    I have the Ultimate & the Extreme Editions...

4. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Yes, the Extreme version offers the best video yet of this movie.

5. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

Actually, I prefer the holographically remastered nanochip with 80.1 sound that was supervised by James Cameron's clone which comes out in 2259. What can I say, my great great great grand-niece from the future brought it back as a birthday present.

By the way, while she was here she also told me that Lucas (or rather, his brain in a Smucker's jar) is still tinkering with the original Star Wars, he keeps rotating actors. The current release (in 2259) features Paul Lynde as Luke, Larry Storch as Han, Totie Fields as Leia, Jimmy Durante as Obi Wan and Topo Gigo as Darth Vader.

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Totie Fields! Love her!

7. Lukather

Lukather Forum Resident

Extreme has the best picture, the silver one has the best sound.....extreme does not have DTS.....silver one does.........

8. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Well, the THX disc does have Descriptive Video Service, whereby descriptions of onscreen activity are read aloud for the sight impaired. Other than that, I don't understand why this common and inferior disc would command a higher price...?

9. GregY

GregY New Member

Call me a fanboy, but I find it unacceptable that Charles Nelson Reilly shoots first.

10. Mr. Winston

Mr. Winston New Member

In my opinion, get the Ultimate Edition as Music for a Song was selling the metal case version for $10!:righton:

11. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Re: Re: T2: Which version is best?

From a historical viewpoint, it might be the first widely distributed RSDL DVD, but I wouldn't expect that to blow the wind up anyone's skirt enough to cause it to be a premium priced collector's item. It was one of the first examples I saw of animated menus, too, but it probably wasn't "the" first in that case.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.