T3 Rise of the Machines.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ratskrad, Jul 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratskrad

ratskrad Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just got home from the local cineplex sneak peek. One of the better movies I have seen this summer. I have been explaining time travel and time paradox's to my 13 year old son. The plot does stay true to the story line. I am not going to say any more other then go see if you are a fan of the other 2, do not read any reviews or spoilers. Just go. :D

2. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

mmmm...i'm tempted to go see this in the morning. It starts playing around 11AM.

3. Cliff

Cliff Magic Carpet Man

I have to wait 'til next weekend to see this one, so it's going to be tough not to see/hear reviews until then. But, I never really listen to reviews anyway.

4. Matt

Matt New Member

Do they explain what happened with Linda Hamilton's character, or at least mention her?

5. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I will watch the movie, when the video comes out... ,-)

6. danstone

danstone Senior Member

Yes, they do.

Since this forum does not have any type of spoiler tag that I am aware of I won't mention the reason here though.

7. JohnG

Just got in from the 1030AM show, I ended up seeing the last 10 minutes of the movie at the 1100AM show because their was a malfunction with the DLP Projector at the 1030 show.
    The Projector just shut off at the climax of the movie and all we could hear is the sound.
    First time that's happened to me.

So I saw the end in another theater and got 2 Free Passes to any Show in the future.

Anyway, T3 is pretty good. A worthy successor to the Terminator Series.

Apparently the Public is wary of this movie as the crowds were small this morning/afternoon. No lines, easy to get a seat etc...
    Not like when I saw LOTR or Star Wars or The Matrix when it seemed everyone was playing hooky from School/Work.

T3 has a chase sequence that involves a Huge Crane Truck that is the centerpeice of the movie. It is argueably one of the best car/truck/police/fire engine/ crane chases ever!
    That will be some demo for DVD and 5.1 sound.

Once this movie gets going its like your right back in T2, the story is compelling and the acting is pretty good. Clare Danes does a great job.
    Arnold looks good.

I would give this movie 3 stars out of 4 stars. Nothing groundbreaking like in T2 but it does the job and makes you look forward to T4.

8. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

Is T4 inevitable?

9. JohnG

Yes, I believe so.

Hopefully it doesn't take 10 years to make the next one but I think this series is worthy of continuing.

You just can't beat Arnold's one liners.

In fact the action in this movie is more believable than the action in The Hulk or The Matrix Reloaded.
    It looks flawless compared to the very apparent CGI in other movies.
    T3 looks like it was made soon after T2.
    Almost old fashioned movie-making.:laugh:

10. Hawklord

Hawklord Senior Member

Quote:
    It is argueably one of the best car/truck/police/fire engine/ crane chases ever!

Oh No! Not another car/truck/police/fire engine/ crane chase.

11. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Involves a chase scene?! :laugh: The whole movie is a chase scene... A very well done chase scene.

I wasn't a big fan of either Terminator flicks (especially that first one... ICK!) For some reason, self loathing I guess, I'm on this kick where I want to see movies I think I'll hate, hence my Matrix Reloaded and Hulk movie stubs. I saw T3 today expecting to hate it and have a good time doing so. Unfortunately, I really liked it. I mean I liked it a lot. The ending is great, the lack of pretentious dialog (or any dialog) is great, the extended chase sequences that made up the entire movie was imaginative and, at times, clever.

Plus this flick had a sense of humor. [arnold]THAT'S NOT A HUMOR!!!![/arnold] No real catch phrases like the other two movies had except for a ten year old "talk to the hand" thing which I hope doesn't catch on again. There were several laugh-out-loud moments in the movie. Very nice addition.

If you can get past the somewhat stiff and awkward exposition moments you should enjoy this homage to explosions and mindless entertainment. Just bring your earplugs. It packs quite a decibel punch.

12. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

I just got back from the theatre.
    "I'll be back" Arnold was in his usual good form.
    It is a must see for any Terminator fan.
    I want to see it again already.

T4 is not confirmed yet, even though Arnold is not excited about doing another movie with 30 retakes on the stunts, the $30 Million paycheck may come in handy about the time filming starts.

If you have not seen any Terminator films,
    I suggest you rent or buy The Terminator "Special Edition" and
    Terminator 2 "Judgment Day" The "EXTREME" Version that was just released. Watch T1 and T2 before seeing T3.

The Extreme version of T2 IMO is much better than the previous 2 versions released. Of course I have all 3 and will buy it again if they release it in the new HD DVD format that is due out in about 2 years. (Steve or someone else may be able to confirm when HD DVD will be out)
    The studios need to come up with something to get us to buy all our favorite movies again...

All in all a good movie and a nice escape from the daily routine.

13. Aquateen

Aquateen Forum Resident

Pretty standard action flick. Not terrible but not memorable or a worthy sequel. I don't know how you can make a Terminator flick with a Terminator that isn't menacing or even all that powerful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.