Tannoy Super Tweeter

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MonkeyMan, Dec 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly? Thread Starter

2. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

I have used the older versions, which were likely considerably less expensive. They were really nice sounding. be aware that the new version has only very high sensitivty settings, so it may not match as well with your speakers. That, and I wouldn't buy sand from the current "distributor".
    -Bill

McLover and kt66brooklyn like this.
  3. kt66brooklyn

kt66brooklyn Senior Member

Good to know!

4. oktapod

oktapod Forum Resident

I use the ST100s with my Legacy Ardens. I doubt their more expensive (recent) models add much beyond the older ones. Also I prefer the 'wooden UFO' look of the older STs....

FWIW, my room is a little over-damped, which means that a neutral presentation sounds a little rolled-off/shut-in due to increased HF absorption. So, although you can vary the HF characteristics of the Ardens via their crossover panel, I still find that having the ST gives more scope for fine-tuning ('seasoning the sound to taste'). One day I'll disconnect the STs and re-evaluate how I feel about the Ardens without them, but I suspect I'll quickly go back to the combined Arden:ST100 arrangement.

jonwoody and MonkeyMan like this.
  5. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan A man who dreams he is a butterfly? Thread Starter

Interesting... I have Westminsters and my only concern is that sitting on top of my speakers is too high?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.