Tara cables made in China?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Jerry, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerry

Gerry New Member

$15!!!! At my old job, they wanted us to buy several hundred pair of speaker cables to get our price down below $75/pair or something! Since we figured we could ask more than $250, we passed... we didn't think 233% profit was worth getting involved in the cable sales mess. For 733%, it might have been worth it though. One of the sample pairs is in my system right now; I can't remember for sure what name is stamped in the spades- it's one of those Oregon companies though.

2. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

I spent a week comparing various speaker cables, interconnects and power cords recently. I did not want to spend any more money than necessary. In my system/room, I was able to bypass a few expensive cables that did not perform as well as some others for less money. On the other hand, I did not want to hear significant improvements when it came to replacing my less expensive cables, but I did. I was able to achieve an equivalent component upgrade in sound, by spending less than that amount on new cabling. IMO, the comment that "people hear what they want to hear" may be true some of the time but certainly not all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.